Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #1
Ben S

Light comes on slowly???

I know this sounds strange, but the interior light near the closet in our Raptor can take anywhere from 2 to 6 seconds to turn on after the switch is activated.
I'm no scientist, but I don't think the electricity is having a hard time running uphill.
It only happens on this one particular light, and although not seriously distressing compared to leaks and broken things, it is kind of concerning, as it could be a short of some kind.
And yeah, I have thought of not using it.....
just wondered if anyone else has a "Lazy Light"
Thx
Ben S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
TLB

Wow, never heard of that before.

2014 Passport Elite 31RE

2017 2500HD Crew Cab
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Put the trailer "nose down" and see if the "speed improves" ROFLMAO

No really, it sounds like a poor (high resistance) ground somewhere in the circuit. First, remove and replace the light bulbs (use known good bulbs from another fixture) if that doesn't work, take the switch out of the wall (there's a plate around the actual switch to hide the screws) and check the connections there. Then remove the light fixture and check the wiring connections there. These are crimped together, so you might want to cut them and start over. Hopefully one of these three will fix your issue. If not, it's a wiring/connection problem somewhere in the ceiling, and unless you really want to get into a 'bucket of worms" time to call in the warranty team at the dealership.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote