Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
familycamper

Black tank flush

What would you use for your trailer: outside flush system like the FLUSH KING, tank wand or would you have a flush system installed?

I have a 2010 Summerland 2600. What would work best in my case?

Thanks,
familycamper
familycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
THedges

Black Tank Flush

I use the Flush King and I love it! In my previous trailer I installed the Tornado and it didn't do near as good of a job.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
campingcpl

I've used the Tornado brand now in a couple of trailers and have had good luck with them. Our newest trailer I had the dealer install a tank flush and not sure what brand they used. The tank flush systems make it a lot easier then using the wand or a back flush type system, JMO. I've used all 3 types and personally I'll never have another tailer without a tank flush.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Retired_Jim

I use the "Flush King" and am impressed at how easily it is to install and how well it flushs and clears my tank. I usually perform two flushes until all flow is clear. Seems like $45 well spent.

2006 GMC Yukon XL
2010 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR
Retired_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
kingji

Leaning toward a Flushking

I was thinking about installing a Tornado or something simular but I was dreading pulling the bottom cover off and then maybe running into some other issues during installation. Sounds like pretty much everyone likes the Flushking and it would be a whole heck of a lot easier to use. I guess I'm a little concerned that it won't agitate all the waste enough for complete removal, but from what I'm hearing that's not a problem. I've got to try one..

J King
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
familycamper

I know camco and velterra make a flush system similar to the flush king. Any thoughts on these brands? I heard from a dealer that you need a good amount of water pressure for the "flush king" and rinse wands to work but he was trying to sell me a flush system mounted in the tank for about $140.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
kingji

Water Pressure for Flush King

Seems like most of the time at state parks and public camp grounds with dump stations water pressure isn't an issue. At one of the lakes we visit every year the water pressure is so high I always use a regulator for protection.
J King
Old 03-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #8
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by familycamper View Post
I know camco and velterra make a flush system similar to the flush king. Any thoughts on these brands? I heard from a dealer that you need a good amount of water pressure for the "flush king" and rinse wands to work but he was trying to sell me a flush system mounted in the tank for about $140.
I've used the Velterra RV Hydro Flush before I installed a Tornado in our first camper. It worked ok untill it broke at the hose connection. The thing I like about the in the tank rinse systems is it blast stuff off the sides of the tank and doesn't just fill the tank with water. When installed at the opposite end of the tank from your termination it will clean the walls, the sensor probes, and it will push everything towards the bump valve. The problem I have with the "back" flush products is 1. all you are doing is filling the tank with water and not powering off the stuff stuck to the sides and sensor probes. 2. Is that word "back", if you think about it what are you doing to all the waste when you "push" water back into the tank? Think of it this way... would you rather blow leaves into the wind or with the wind?

These are just my opinions and stuff I thought about when I made my decission on how to clean my black tank. I'm not saying that these products wont clean your tank, I just question how clean they get the tank. Just food for thought and just my 2 cents worth.

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
kingji

Black Tank Flush

I usually over kill a lot of the projects I get into, so it wouldn't surprise myself if I ended up with both. I can see your point on the blasting and jetting the inside of the tank and that's kinda what I was wondering about also. I had just bought a flex wand and haven't had the need to use it yet so I may try the back flush and then use the wand and see if it makes any noticable difference in the cleanliness. thanks for the thoughts.
J KIng
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
ktmracer

I use what ever was installed at the factory on my outback. Seems to work fine, see no reason to change. Anyone by chance know what it is??

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
familycamper

campingcpl, you have made great points and I thank you for your advice.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by familycamper View Post
campingcpl, you have made great points and I thank you for your advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingji View Post
I usually over kill a lot of the projects I get into, so it wouldn't surprise myself if I ended up with both. I can see your point on the blasting and jetting the inside of the tank and that's kinda what I was wondering about also. I had just bought a flex wand and haven't had the need to use it yet so I may try the back flush and then use the wand and see if it makes any noticable difference in the cleanliness. thanks for the thoughts.
J KIng
Your welcome! I'm glad I could give you some food for thought.

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
DTJ9610

I bought the Flush King for our last TT and it seemed to work well. Our new Laredo 303TG came iwth a factory installed tank flush that I can hook the water hose directly to. I think I'll experiment with keeping the clear flush king tube hooked up and see how well the factory one works.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote