Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2020, 04:35 AM   #1
chunker

Furniture question

The Raptor 356 has a 4 piece sofa/recliner sectional in the living room slide. It's marginally comfortable at best and being a Thomas Payne of dubious quality. The 4 pieces are 2 end sections with arms and 2 center "armless" that connect together at the bases. All recline. I am thinking of removing the 2 center sections, slide the 2 end sections together and connect them at the bases. Then get a decent wall hugging type swivel rocker recliner to sit comfortably. The questions involves getting the unwanted pieces out. Do the backs come off the pieces making it easy to take them out? If they can it will be easy enough to take the pieces out through the garage and store them inside my house/garage. However if the pieces were assembled in the slide BEFORE the slide was placed in the trailer that will make a possibly difficult removal.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:13 AM   #2
QCMan
Gone Traveling

If they are anything like mine, they have clops that drop down onto the previous piece. For example, if I wanted to remove the center console between my two recliners, I would take out the right seat and then the console then I could join the two recliners together with the built in joiner clips. Mine are Thomas Payne also. Do not forget to unscrew them from the floor first. I hope this helps.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

I think he want to know if the backs come off the seats for easy removal out of the trailer. If I remember right they do. kneel on the seat and lift while rocking the back.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:25 AM   #4
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I think he want to know if the backs come off the seats for easy removal out of the trailer. If I remember right they do. kneel on the seat and lift while rocking the back.
Exactly thanks and while I've got you on the line, do you know if all 4 sections are bolted to the slide floor or just the outside 2?
Old 09-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

All "RV furniture" that I've seen either disconnects at the seat/back transition or disconnects at the hinge in reclining pieces. Then, it's a simple matter of "lifting the bulky pieces" to get them through the trailer door. You should have no problems breaking down each piece to "a seat and a back section" to move them out of the trailer. Now, as for the replacement swivel rocker/recliner, some have backs that "lock into the hinge mounted on the base section". Those locks can be tricky to disengage, so make sure what you buy to put in the trailer is easy to take apart so if the need arises, you can get it out of the trailer in the future.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:33 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Exactly thanks and while I've got you on the line, do you know if all 4 sections are bolted to the slide floor or just the outside 2?
Ive seen both. It is square Head screws.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #7
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Ive seen both. It is square Head screws.
Thanks when I get home from this trip next month I'll start researching recliners and section removal. On My Raptor 300MP I took the entire sofa/airbed contraption out and got 2 "Best" brand swivel reckon recliners. They were the petite size on circular hoop bases. I initially made some brackets to secure them to the floor but found out they didn't walk around during transit.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:04 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

My OEM pull out sofa was not attached to anything. Backs came out of bases and gave the sofa to a neighbor who was going to put it in a house trailer that he sold. Bought a LazyBoy recliner loveseat (Craigslist $150) and pulled the backs off, took the parts through my camper door and never looked back. I will say the LazyBoy recliners make it a bit difficult to get out because the front part (under your knees) is pretty high. I recently bought a couple new recliners for the house off eBay and like them much more than the LazyBoys; they are wall huggers and the backs come off and would be easy to put in an RV:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oversized-R...72.m2749.l2649
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote