Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2022, 04:35 AM   #21
hawghauler

You can not get a wiring diagrams from keystone because even they have no idea how it was done

I personally believe the entire industry needs regulation we pay entirely too much for these things to have a hodge podge in the underbelly that isn't standard across like models

If you have a volt meter and a few days along with a good helper one could trace and define the wiring the fact is an identical trailer will be wired differently
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 06:08 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnEyz View Post
Hi All Brand new to this forum and so glad I found it! This 2022 Springdale 242 trailer is 2 mos old and has no visible GFCI outlet anywhere. I've been trying for 6 days to figure out why I have no power to any of the outlets. Every outlet says "Inverted Outlet" /Solar Flex and the power panel breaker says GFCI Inverted? Shoreline plugged in to a live 30 amp box (tested) and all battery operated components working. Thought I had my answer when I read the post about the GFCI outlet in the passthrough but not on mine. Been trying to get a call back from Keystone for 3 days with no luck. Did all troubleshooting steps with Power Panel manufacturer and they said "Go to Keystone"??? Doesn't there have to be a GFCI outlet or breaker switch somewhere even if all the other outlets are mapped to it? I can't even find a mention of it in the user manual! What am I missing here? Any ideas? Thx

Do you have solar panels installed or a residential fridge? If so you have an inverter. I doubt all outlets would be inverted but is it turned on if you have one? Secondly you said ALL outlets are dead but nothing about anything else that works on AC; what about the microwave, air conditioner? Do they operate? Your 120vac might not be getting to the trailer from the ped. Every trailer I've owned has a GFCI outlet (reset button) in the bathroom that I recall. I've had one with that type outlet in the passthrough as well.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #23
GrnEyz

Well, everything is working from the battery. The overhead lights, frig, a/c, micro etc. The outside power source is good. I tested with my multimeter. I have solar power on the roof which I'm told keeps the batteries charged and also something new called "The Giggy Box" up on the tongue. I have searched the passthrough for a GFI outlet, none. I have checked every outlet, kitchen, bathroom, outside, wherever water may be present and there is not one outlet with a reset. I will post some photos if that helps of the power panel. I got an email from Keystone asking for the Vin but nothing since!
GrnEyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:12 PM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

There should be a GFCI breaker in panel or a GFC outlet somewhere. Some reports of folks finding them in the pass through, inside a cabinet, etc. If they are brown and mounted in a dark space or in dark paneling they can be a challenge to find.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #25
GrnEyz

That is what all my trailers have had but not this new one! Not 1 outlet is GFCI! I've searched everywhere. The power panel though has a circuit breaker labeled "GFCI/Inverted" ??? Could the breaker already be bad? I would just replace it but it warns "Not to touch or it VOIDS warranty"
Old 08-09-2022, 02:50 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
That is what all my trailers have had but not this new one! Not 1 outlet is GFCI! I've searched everywhere. The power panel though has a circuit breaker labeled "GFCI/Inverted" ??? Could the breaker already be bad? I would just replace it but it warns "Not to touch or it VOIDS warranty"
Can you post a picture of the breaker?
Old 08-09-2022, 03:13 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Sounds like that breaker may be the source of your problems since apparently everything else works. A pic would be good as requested. I'm not sure how they think you have a breaker you can't touch without voiding the warranty? If nothing else use your meter and see if you have 120vac coming out of it.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:08 PM   #28
GrnEyz

Not sure this will work but here is a link to a pic of the power panel
Old 08-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #29
GrnEyz

https://photos.google.com/u/1/album/...dSjc9Yua0QoQTl
Old 08-09-2022, 06:11 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

I could not get any pics from that link.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:02 PM   #31
GrnEyz

Power Panel

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	41072  
Old 08-10-2022, 01:14 PM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

That does not appear to be a gfci breaker. That one breaker appears to control all your outlets...including the gfci outlet wherever it is.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:25 PM   #33
Board4life

Did this fix your outlets to the 2 plugs above the sink? My TV outlet stopped working and reset the GFCI and the little button on the inverter, I believe was what I did. My TV works now but the outlets above the sink still are not powered...
Board4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:58 PM   #34
GrnEyz

No sir! Going on 2 weeks, 20 phone calls, countless emails & texts to everyone including Keystone, power panel manuf. Good Sam, and of course this forum! But none of my outlets in my 2 month old 2022 Trailer work. Nobody believes me when I tell them that I DO NOT have any GFCI outlets to reset. So I sent Keystone a photo of all of my non GFCI outlets labeled and they told me that it must be my INVERTER. Problem is, I DO NOT HAVE AN INVERTER! Why would they work fine for 7 weeks plugged into a 30amp box that still shows 120v active. Did my Shoreline cord break inside under my flooring to my Power Panel? And WHY do I not have a GFCI outlet anywhere that is required to protect me from fatal shock? I watched a sales video of my trailer and it plainly shows a GFCI plug in the bathroom! Here is a pic of my kitchen, bathroom and outside outlets (and no there is not one hidden in the passthrough)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	outlets.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	41107  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #35
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Hi All Brand new to this forum and so glad I found it! This 2022 Springdale 242 trailer is 2 mos old and has no visible GFCI outlet anywhere. I've been trying for 6 days to figure out why I have no power to any of the outlets. Every outlet says "Inverted Outlet" /Solar Flex and the power panel breaker says GFCI Inverted? Shoreline plugged in to a live 30 amp box (tested) and all battery operated components working. Thought I had my answer when I read the post about the GFCI outlet in the passthrough but not on mine. Been trying to get a call back from Keystone for 3 days with no luck. Did all troubleshooting steps with Power Panel manufacturer and they said "Go to Keystone"??? Doesn't there have to be a GFCI outlet or breaker switch somewhere even if all the other outlets are mapped to it? I can't even find a mention of it in the user manual! What am I missing here? Any ideas? Thx

The Keystone description of that trailer says it is "solar prepped" so you won't have an inverter. Your breaker that says gfci/inverter actually indicates it is supposed to feed your gfci protected outlet(s). In your case it appears to be all of them - forget the inverter. You have said everything works on 120vac except the outlets. I have asked if you have checked for 120vac from that breaker and you haven't answered. If you have it it's simply a matter of running down the outlets and checking them. A VOM will tell you what is and what ain't when running AC problems. A plug checker might help but since none of them work, and you know there is not a gfci outlet in the string (which would be against code) you need to know what that breaker is or is not doing. Keystone is not going to fix your problem. They may refer you to a dealer but sounds like you probably have a pretty simple problem.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:04 AM   #36
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
No sir! Going on 2 weeks, 20 phone calls, countless emails & texts to everyone including Keystone, power panel manuf. Good Sam, and of course this forum! But none of my outlets in my 2 month old 2022 Trailer work. Nobody believes me when I tell them that I DO NOT have any GFCI outlets to reset. So I sent Keystone a photo of all of my non GFCI outlets labeled and they told me that it must be my INVERTER. Problem is, I DO NOT HAVE AN INVERTER! Why would they work fine for 7 weeks plugged into a 30amp box that still shows 120v active. Did my Shoreline cord break inside under my flooring to my Power Panel? And WHY do I not have a GFCI outlet anywhere that is required to protect me from fatal shock? I watched a sales video of my trailer and it plainly shows a GFCI plug in the bathroom! Here is a pic of my kitchen, bathroom and outside outlets (and no there is not one hidden in the passthrough)
Keystone will refer you to your dealer. wfco built the distribution panel but did not install it or the outlets and Good Sam? How would they be involved? I can believe that a trailer could be built without a GFCI and I can believe that it was missed at the PDI. Stranger things have happened. What does the dealer where you bought the unit say? They should be your first contact and if they fail then call Keystone customer service with a list of dates/times and who you contacted. Emails are are a great communication tool as you can document who was contact contactacted and if you add a delivery and a read recipt know when they received and opened. This removes any "I didn't get your message" excuses.

As for "no one believes you" you have to understand what that there are undoubtedly numerous calls from folks that swear there's no GFI anywhere. There have been numerous posts on this forum where folks have " searched high and low" to no avail and come back later with "I found it!" So I think it's less a matter of believing you and more a matter of experience and what the resulting outcome 99.9% of the time this subject arises.

There are 2 inexpensive tools that I suggest every RV owner purchase and familiarize themselves with their use. First is a VOM or multimeter. You can test voltage (both ac and dc) as well as continuity and resistance. Second, a non- contact electrical tester. If your camper is "inverter ready" or prepped there should be a loop of romex in the pass-through. That's where the inverter would be connected to power those identified outlets. That circuit should be attached directly to the identified breaker on one end and an outlet on the other end. With a non-contact tester you can identify if that wire is energized without exposing yourself to risk of shock or touching a screw. If that wire isn't energized the work back to the breaker. If it is live then move down the line to the first outlet. If that outlet is dead then you've found the problem.

Tha outlets in RVs are not like your outlets in your home. The outlet is 2 pieces and the wires are only connected via small metal blades that the wire is wedged into. They are notorious for not making contact. Hope you get your issue resolved soon.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:50 AM   #37
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The Keystone description of that trailer says it is "solar prepped" so you won't have an inverter. <snip>.
I can't even figure out which trailer she has. She did say in an earlier post she has the Solar Flex 400 so yes, there is an inverter.
She also says air conditioner works, which wouldn't be true of a Solar Flex 400 - it takes the Solar Flex 600i to run the air conditioner.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-12 104757.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	41109  

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:04 AM   #38
HouseMouse

Did you try and flip the GFCI Breaker in the Main panel on and off? I had one or two not function correctly even though the visual indication is that it was on.
HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #39
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I can't even figure out which trailer she has. She did say in an earlier post she has the Solar Flex 400 so yes, there is an inverter.
She also says air conditioner works, which wouldn't be true of a Solar Flex 400 - it takes the Solar Flex 600i to run the air conditioner.

Did she say she had the SF400 in a different thread somewhere? I did not see that. Obviously if she did she would have an inverter. In post 19 she specifies the trailer, '22 Springdale 242. The Keystone website says the trailer comes "prepped" for solar with the SolarFlex 200 which does not have an inverter - see tabs for "exterior" and "solarflex";

https://www.keystonerv.com/product/s...rplans/242RKWE

Being plugged into shore power and everything else working on AC an inverter shouldn't be in play. That would also rule out the power cord the OP is worried about.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:53 AM   #40
GrnEyz

Thank you all for trying to help! It looks like I'm pretty much on my own with this problem since my dealer (Camping World, Redwood) is over 200 miles away and has simply passed me on to Keystone or call "Good Sam Technical Help" who tells me to go to my dealer or an authorized dealer. Closest one is 2 hours away not to mention, my trailer is my home as I am part of a group who rescues and cares for horses and move around a lot. What really bothers me (other than the fact I bought a brand new trailer so I would not have to deal with things breaking) is the problem is probably simple but since the normal setup would have reset GFCI outlets in the usual locations where water or moisture is present, this trailer has NO visible GFCI outlets. It does say however on the circuit breaker that it is GFCI "inverted". I don't know if that means that all of them are on a GFCI line and if I was to install an inverter they would also be protected??? I have asked Keystone 4x if they could at least guarantee me that there is some type of ground fault protection since they did not install any GFCI outlets but no answer??? Did someone just screw up on this rig and forget to install them? Anyway, guess I'm just going to keep trying.

Tags
inverter, outlets