Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2023, 12:42 AM   #1
bigbirdTX1

Cougar 290RLS propane lines

I just purchased a 290RLS, and while up under it, I noticed the 1/2" black pipe for propane runs all the way to the back on the left side, and has flexible lines running up into the underbelly. The Furrion fireplace is close the location, but resides in the kitchen slide as well as the stove/oven. I thought the fireplace was electric only. If the propane doesn't feed the fireplace heater, what else could the propane line going to? It seems to be too far back for the stove.
bigbirdTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 02:15 AM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdTX1 View Post
I just purchased a 290RLS, and while up under it, I noticed the 1/2" black pipe for propane runs all the way to the back on the left side, and has flexible lines running up into the underbelly. The Furrion fireplace is close the location, but resides in the kitchen slide as well as the stove/oven. I thought the fireplace was electric only. If the propane doesn't feed the fireplace heater, what else could the propane line going to? It seems to be too far back for the stove.
How about the water heater?

You are correct on the fireplace - electric only.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 04:39 AM   #3
bigbirdTX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
How about the water heater?

You are correct on the fireplace - electric only.
The water heater is up front, right next to the passthrough under the bedroom.
bigbirdTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 04:54 AM   #4
jasin1

They probably run it like that because of the connection point for the stove. Easier to run back a little further then come up in an empty space and pipe over to the stove….they probably wouldn’t want to come up directly under the stove to allow for servici and removal
Old 05-31-2023, 05:14 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I haven't seen a 290RLS recently, but if I remember correctly, the gas range/oven is in the center of that slide and there is a "outside quick disconnect LP fitting further aft from where you see the copper branch line going up into the underbelly. That copper line goes up, turns forward and connects to a bracket where the rubber flexible hose goes under the slide and then up into the slide to supply the range/oven with propane. If you have the optional gas/electric Dometic refrigerator, that LP line also provides propane for the refrigerator.

On the 290's that I've seen, the black iron pipe (at that T fitting, then goes straight back to a LP QD under the trailer, below the roadside tail light or the black pipe turns toward the curbside and runs under the trailer, to the curbside and the LP QD fitting is on the aft curbside of the trailer, behind the curbside slide.

That branch line you see is for the range/oven and goes "up into the belly to connect to a rubber hose that goes up into the slide to supply gas to the range/oven".... The fireplace is electric only and has no gas connection.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, propane