Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2022, 01:09 PM   #61
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgray3910rk View Post
My apologies. Ive gotten a lot of feedback that I just don't know what I am doing, that it cannot be as it seems. But I have done everything I can to get it to act right, and cannot. Feedback from the dealer was that it was way off, and Keystone refuses to acknowledge they need to do something. its as if they know they are wrong and are gambling against me getting an attorney to resolve it. So I am trying to get some support to whether I should or not. Enough people tell you that you are crazy, you start believing it. Go back to the very first image I posted. It looks just like that sitting on a flat surface. It cannot be right.
no worries…today is a new day..good luck
Old 06-23-2022, 01:25 PM   #62
cgray3910rk

This is a basic schematic of the measurements we got. This was drawn with the measurements from the level surface up to points on the frame. The wall was drawn perpendicular to the augment. Then measured on the cad to see the result. This matched nearly exactly to what the left wall measured in person. The wall was not drawn from measurements taken. Only as if it were attached correctly to an augment that was flat. But because that is not square, the result would be as it is in person. Hope that makes sense.

If you look at the first image in the post, it matches pretty close to the drawing.

Also, when I tried pushing up the rear left jack, I did not mention that the front frame was sitting on cement blocks to lock the right side position. That’s when the left LG picked up off the ground. It was not allowed to push the right LG down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D6C1E0AE-88B4-4EF6-82E8-0C9DC7903554.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	40392  
cgray3910rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:36 PM   #63
cgray3910rk

Plus, the rear jack is around 27’ from the front LG, and 12’ from the rear of the unit. Because the I beam is a gradual arc that leads to the 2” drop, pushing up the rear jack will not move the frame enough to get into level state. Leverage will not allow 2” of bend over the 27’ distance between the jacks. But, and probably dangerously but, if I put a 3 ton floor jack on the very rear end of that I beam, I can push it to within a half inch, (so far). I cannot imagine that is a very safe thing to do, nor would I want to do that every time if I ever decide to travel with it. That still does not get the rear of the box to appear normal. Better, but not quite right.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #64
bsmith0404

Cool. Only one pic posted, but I’m following your explanation. So what’s the next step? Is this something that keystone or Lippert did/asked for are are you doing this on your own to try to get them to take action?
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #65
sourdough
Site Team

Like the post above asked; was this done by someone, some way, that Keystone or Lippert will accept? Like I mentioned in a previous post, since all this is post purchase, moving and setup by someone else I figure that conversation is coming as well....if they even entertain the idea of repair/replacement.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:20 PM   #66
firestation12

my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgray3910rk View Post
Hello all. Need advice.

Bought the 3910RK new last year. Had issues getting it level using the auto-level system. Front was good, rear was off. We have it at a permanent site, was delivered, and no means to tow it. The dealer thought it was a jack issue. We took it there early this spring for inspection. They determined it was not the jacks, it was a twisted frame. Submitted a warranty claim. 6 weeks later, (and 12 miles away from Keystone) a rep shows up, and determines its “structurally sound”. Frame is ok, but the rear of the box was not assembled correctly. The entire rear leans to the left. The fridge doors don’t work right. The cabinet doors won’t align. Water runs off the counters towards the wall. They said they would level the countertop, but that’s it. They told the dealer it’s not repairable. Dealer is shocked they won’t do anything. Keystone sales rep saw it at the campground, and didn’t like what he saw. Still no resolution.

Am I stuck with it? What can I do?

Thanks

It's probably an illusion, but the left side of the trailer looks parallel to the flag pole as well as the building on the other side of the street. Yet the screw jacks under each corner definitely are different in height. The slide out on the passenger side looks as if the sidewall is protruding our further than the bottom. Is the coach sitting now, exactly as it was set up by the dealer?? I was curious to see a view from the back, looking forward towards the front, showing the driver's side sidewall as it progresses from back to front. My gut intuition says there has got to be an engineering fix to this. My vote would be to try anything but a protracted legal battle with the manufacturer to resolve. Best of luck going forward!!
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:34 PM   #67
cgray3910rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
It's probably an illusion, but the left side of the trailer looks parallel to the flag pole as well as the building on the other side of the street. Yet the screw jacks under each corner definitely are different in height. The slide out on the passenger side looks as if the sidewall is protruding our further than the bottom. Is the coach sitting now, exactly as it was set up by the dealer?? I was curious to see a view from the back, looking forward towards the front, showing the driver's side sidewall as it progresses from back to front. My gut intuition says there has got to be an engineering fix to this. My vote would be to try anything but a protracted legal battle with the manufacturer to resolve. Best of luck going forward!!
I think I have what you are asking for, but the opposite direction. It is set up as the dealer left it the second time. I know it looks like an illusion that the house behind it also appears straight to the side. But that house is also 100 yards away, not just 43’. That probably has some impact on the photo. The pics of the plumb bob coming off the side shows how far it leans.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	73D94047-0C4B-471C-BFA0-22E53FEBCF18.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	40394   Click image for larger version

Name:	83B5DA95-61F9-43B3-83C8-03D305FF3BEB.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	40395  
Old 06-23-2022, 06:37 PM   #68
cgray3910rk

Here is some additional insight to what I discovered this evening.

Look at the side wall mounting bolts. The straight one is the right side. Look at the ones on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1ECED570-31C7-4362-A6AC-7DCD704034C5.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	40396   Click image for larger version

Name:	C9DB5210-DD3B-4703-86A9-8ABED94152D5.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	40397  
Old 06-23-2022, 06:52 PM   #69
cgray3910rk

Just to reiterate. The dealer towed this around 15 miles, backed it onto my level lot, that consists of concrete on the front, and around a 12” gravel base where the wheels and back jacks sit. They hit the “auto-level” button, and left. When leveling, it shifts a bit to the left and right, back and front, beeps a couple times and stops. It looks exactly the same if the jacks are extended or if they are fully up and it sits on the wheels.

I really had no idea I would be required to do a full frame inspection buying a brand new camper. I’ve never done it with any other camper, vehicle, house, or even a 2 wheel cart. If it’s my problem once it’s dropped onto my property, then why is there any warranty at all?

Please keep asking me any questions you want. I will do my best to answer and show you what’s going on. If this is somehow my fault, I will listen.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #70
sourdough
Site Team

I don't think anyone from the posts I've seen, and myself either, think it's "your fault" exactly from what you've posted. I do however think there are questions/gaps that will be asked and/or covered by the way it was acquired. No walkthru, no PDI, nothing to show that it was damaged on the front end before delivery. If the frame is bent that much then it's a huge leap to think it went through a dealer PDI, or delivery, and no one had any idea it was there.

The above will be some of your hurdles and the reason I always say "check it out thoroughly" before you ever sign the dotted line - and I always hook up and tow my own stuff. Also, whoever is taking those measurements will have to be someone Keystone puts faith in vs an independent repair shop that is not authorized by Keystone. It's a bad situation and I hope you can find a way to get it resolved.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:42 PM   #71
sfem192

Take he landing gear out of the equation

I would take the landing gear out of the equation completely. I would level one end of the frame then check level at the other end of the trailer. If its off then try to level that end without using the landing gear. If you can’t get both ends level, something is wrong. If you can get the frame level then you can start measuring the box and go from there.
sfem192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine