Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
hlh1

Another Flojet issue

My Flojet pump has become intermittent after de-winterizing last March. It will make noise and not pump water consistently. I had run RV antifreeze on the intake side of the pump for Winter so I don't think it froze up. Once I can get it to finally start pumping it seems to work fine until I hookup to shore water. I'll disconnect from shore water and take the TT home and then the pump will make noise, but no water. I'll open a cold water faucet while it's groaning away, and close it, and no water. I even hooked up the antifreeze intake hose to a gallon jug of water that I had elevated over the pump, and had noise with no water pumping. I even siphoned this water jug into the pump, and it would not pump. I re-hooked up everything and walked away, and ordered a new pump. Yesterday, for giggles, I turned on the pump and it worked! I turned the pump off and left the system pressurized over night and turned the pump back on today and it didn't run, but then ran when I turned a faucet on. Tells me I have no leaks on the high pressure side. So now it will probably work until I hook up to shore water again. Yes, there's water in the fresh water tank.

I'll go ahead and replace this pump, when the new one arrives, to see if I can get some consistency.

Any thoughts on what I'm dealing with?
hlh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
skids

"Once I can get it to finally start pumping it seems to work fine until I hookup to shore water." This is not normally a malfunction of the pump.

"the pump will make noise, but no water." You might want to make sure the antifreeze valve is completely switched for fresh water tank. If air can be sucked through the valve, it will prevent the pump from sucking in the water from the tank.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
hlh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
"Once I can get it to finally start pumping it seems to work fine until I hookup to shore water." This is not normally a malfunction of the pump.

"the pump will make noise, but no water." You might want to make sure the antifreeze valve is completely switched for fresh water tank. If air can be sucked through the valve, it will prevent the pump from sucking in the water from the tank.

Hi Skids, My TT does not have an antifreeze valve for the pump. I just pull the intake hose from the pump and insert a hose that's from the antifreeze jug. I'm beginning to wonder if the pump has some garbage in it. It does not have a filter on the incoming line. I have the new pump in hand and will probably install it tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:41 PM   #4
hlh1

Installed the Flo-Jet replacement pump and it works and is noticeably quieter than the original pump.