Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2022, 09:45 AM   #41
jasin1

I was thinking what if you spent an hour or so COMPLETELY flushing the black tank out…even using a hose at the toilet to rinse and repeat…. Drain the tank …close the black tank valve …then took a wet/dri shopvac and put the hose in there on a dry tank and snake it around and see if it would grab the brush …leave the vacuum running and slowly pull the brush out
Might take a couple of try’s …probably get rid of the shop vac afterwords or bury it in the backyard…..need to dress like Walter White also
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4F365C4A-25A9-4535-9AD3-1666F01FBB42.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	37897  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:05 AM   #42
lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Last year I dropped a kitchen fork "down the hole". It fell standing up, but I had no grabber. I tried everything I had at the time, but it finally fell flat. I could still see it on the bottom through the hole but all my attempts keep pushing it farther and farther from the bottom of the tank where it was visible through the toilet hole. Finally it disappeared out of sight completely. I never retrieve it. So far, I've had no indication it "passed" through the system yet, so I think it's still in there somewhere.

You may ask, how did a fork get down your toilet? Easy answer. When washing dishes in the kitchen sink, we use a plastic tub to hold the dish washing soap water. When done, I take the tub and pour it down the toilet into the black tank. It adds more water to the black tank and also add dish washing liquid to help clean the tank a little.

Except this time, the water was pretty bubbly and little did I realize there was still a fork left in the bottom of the pan. When I poured the water into the toilet, holding the foot peddle open ... well .... down it went. I never saw it because of the soap bubbles! That's how it happened!
I did that with a spoon, it’s still in there
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #43
lawnwynch

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Stai...35771029&psc=1

Try this. I lost my whole brush with handle but fortunately with just a little gettin funky I was able to retrieve the whole unit. Good Luck!
lawnwynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:45 AM   #44
flybouy
Site Team

Just hire this guy! ArtCreativity Wind Up Scuba Diver Toys for Kids, Set of 2, Swimming Water Toys, Fun Bathtub Toys for Kids, Underwater Party Favors for Boys and Girls, Unique Goodie Bag Fillers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0933N258X...DGGVXFNVS463H0
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #45
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwynch View Post

Try this. I lost my whole brush with handle but fortunately with just a little gettin funky I was able to retrieve the whole unit. Good Luck!

Hey!! I didn't know they made them in a large size! I've got several of the but they're all about the same size (maybe 3'?) and smaller in diameter. They are really handy. Might be just what the OP needs. Was going to order one but it said they only had one so will give the OP first shot as he needs it much worse than I do.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:49 PM   #46
Jmelvin

anyone think of remove the toilet then look for the brush?
Jmelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:49 PM   #47
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauerld View Post
It will probably slowly disintegrate in the acid to a state that it will flush out eventually or not cause any problem.
Not sure what you eat, but with my diet it'd take a VEEEEEEERY long time to disintegrate plastic & heavy wire in my tank!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:02 PM   #48
jasin1

I guess on a positive note he might have the cleanest tank sensors driving between sites
Old 01-16-2022, 07:00 PM   #49
Pathfinder75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjblodgett View Post
Thank you everybody. I have ordered a pressure flex hose (since the toilet is offset) and will be going on my Nextdoor feed to find a snake/auger. I will get into my coveralls, gloves, mask, and all things "coverage" to dive in. I will let you know how it goes. The moral of the story is not to be such a good "housekeeper". LOL.
I also have the offset to the blank tank. Used the camco rinse wand with hose this fall but the HOSE PORTION CAME OF IN THE TANK.
I'm hoping it just lays in tank bottom. May take valve of tank one day and look for it. Just hoping it dont stick into valve preventing it closing.

I do not think I caused the separation so check yousr for secure attachement.
So be careful or you may add even more to the tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220116-205102_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	37908  

Dave, Kathy & Golden Retrievers Tucker & Andi
2017 Montana HC 353RL - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Morryde Stepabove Steps STP-4-30-03H -
Kodiak 8-Lug 13" Premier Disc Brake Conversion Kit
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC 6.7L SRW LB - B&W Companion w/OEM Ford puck.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:36 AM   #50
mreyner

Exclamation Operation Deep Dive!

Ok, here's the poop/scoop. First, go to a vet. and get a pair of large animal gloves. Second, head over to an army surplus store for a gas mask, not the Russian ones, they leak. Third, the paint/hardware store. Get a painter's suit, plastic ok, and a roll of duct tape. Tape is to seal gloves to suit and gas mask to face. Assemble all items on self. Then it is time to dive in for retrieval.

Ok, maybe a bit much. Get a pair of mechanical fingers. Several sizes are out there. Should be able to grab lost item. Good Luck
mreyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #51
Cjblodgett

Attention: The brush has been retrieved!!!! I followed suggestions and bought an endoscope on Amazon. That didn't work, returned it and bought a camera from Harbor Freight. I also bought a pressure washer hose. We spent at least three hours putting the camera down the toilet (after we pressure washed it) and up the dump tube. Got a longer hose, and tried fishing from both ends. Here is how I finally solved it in 5 minutes. I took the toilet off and put my hand down the shoot and pulled out a brush!!! It was so easy. The hardest thing about it was getting one screw on and cleaning up.

Thank you to all that had helpful suggestions. This is a great site. See you out on the road!

Claudia. (Cj)
Cjblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #52
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder75 View Post
I also have the offset to the blank tank. Used the camco rinse wand with hose this fall but the HOSE PORTION CAME OF IN THE TANK.
I'm hoping it just lays in tank bottom. May take valve of tank one day and look for it. Just hoping it dont stick into valve preventing it closing.

I do not think I caused the separation so check yousr for secure attachement.
So be careful or you may add even more to the tank
It is always a shock when something like that happens. I was lucky, I took the toilet off and saw what looked like a tube. I reached down to see if the "tube" was attached to something and found it was a handle to the brush I was looking for.

Good luck to you, my friend.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #53
lawnwynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelvin View Post
Winner
Winner
Chicken
Dinner

It seems taking the toilet off was the best way to go!!!
lawnwynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:49 PM   #54
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I guess on a positive note he might have the cleanest tank sensors driving between sites
Yes, and she has the cleanest black tank ever....
Old 01-21-2022, 04:50 PM   #55
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelvin View Post
Yup, that was the way to do it. So simple! So glad that is over.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:53 PM   #56
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwynch View Post

I probably would have bought that as well. Now, I am in gadget hell (or heaven).
Old 01-21-2022, 04:53 PM   #57
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjblodgett View Post
Yes, and she has the cleanest black tank ever....
Hey... so do your tank gauges work now?
Old 01-21-2022, 04:59 PM   #58
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I was thinking what if you spent an hour or so COMPLETELY flushing the black tank out…even using a hose at the toilet to rinse and repeat…. Drain the tank …close the black tank valve …then took a wet/dri shopvac and put the hose in there on a dry tank and snake it around and see if it would grab the brush …leave the vacuum running and slowly pull the brush out
Might take a couple of try’s …probably get rid of the shop vac afterwords or bury it in the backyard…..need to dress like Walter White also
I am glad I figured it out before I read your reply. I would be a proud owner of a shop vac and evacuation (no pun intended) uniform to add to my other 'gadgets'!
Old 01-21-2022, 05:00 PM   #59
Cjblodgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Hey... so do your tank gauges work now?
Clean as a whistle. All is intact and working fine.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:18 PM   #60
Laredo Tugger

Can we laugh now?
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, foreign object in tank, oops, tank