Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #21
Cooter

We have a 2019 29bhs and have used the in command with much success. Using it to extend the slides in very tight camp spots is great. extending or retracting the awning from the phone is very nice as well.
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #22
Jim2366

I like adjusting the hvac with my phone the best. I am anxious to try the InCommand Global Connect.

2019 Keystone Cougar 361rlw
Jim2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #23
mpellet723

I have 2019 Cougar 29rld. It was made in September 2018. Being pulled by a 2018 Chev Silverado 2500 HD Z71 4x4.

Once I had the correct app by calling ASA the only issue that I had was with connecting the Wi-Fi.
Then a message came up on the control screen that an update was available. I called ASA and they sent me an update on a Memory Stick which plugged in to the bottom of the in-Command Control Pannel. I installed the updates and it has worked great ever since.

A good surge protected is a must.

I also love the auto level feature and the hitch hight memory, they both work great.

We used it only twice in 2018 before putting it to bed. Used it on 8 trips this past year.

I also added a set of Snap Pads they work great also.

Sorry for the length of this post.

Merry Christmas Everyone.
mpellet723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:13 AM   #24
goodellj

Interesting reading on the further evolution of remote controls! To each his own!
The 2012 has a remote control that I find very useful for adjusting the hitch height from the drivers seat when hooking up. It has about 6 functions and I don't use the others very often, although occasionally they come in handy for a special purpose like cleaning the awning or slide toppers, watching for obstacles, etc. My 3 year old grandson like to push buttons and he finds the control center irresistible! We had to tape a paper cover on the CC when he camped with us!
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #25
Peacemkr53

2019 Cougar 315RLS...... last Feb pulled to TN, Lived in it fulltime until July 1 (when it went to the Dealer for warranty .... and they still have it). Never had issue with the InCommand. I am old school, too.... But it has worked fine for me. When we go out again I will have to try the app.

I looked at a GD as well. The difference for me was about 18%. Not worth it for me. Although I had issues with the Cougar (vacuum Breaker, Sinks leaking, plumbing connections.....) I still am glad I got it. Happy Trails, Sourdough.
Peacemkr53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #26
GeoZ

Have In-Command and love it!!

Have a 2019 Cougar 32RLI with In-Command and could never go back to a TT without it. Yes, I had 2 issues. The A/C and furnace would both run at the same time. Control box in the Dometic A/C was replaced and condition corrected. Other issue was having problem with blue tooth connection to phone. Called ASA and was given an available update which corrected the issue. We used our TT for 16 trips this past season so my opinion is the system is reliable. Concerning auto level, how'd we ever live without that?? It's making me lazy!!
GeoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:30 PM   #27
LewisB

We have a 2018 Raptor that has the ProPlus version (not the most recent version). It uses a combination of switches for some lights and software for others. I didn't think I would like it at first - but after 8 months and multiple trips, I'd have to admit that I actually have grown fond of InCommand. I really like being able to operate the slides, awnings, and generator while I'm walking around checking things. Closing the slides during a nap is especially nice! I'm glad that our unit does NOT control the HVAC. So I think this "mix" of controls ended up being very good for us.

When we first started using InCommand, I had some of the comm issues mentioned by others. I talked with ASA a couple of times and found them to be VERY helpful and pleasant to deal with. Once you get the correct version of the software and updates and get it set the way you want in your phone, it is actually quite nice to use.

InCommand DOES have a backup to the keypad - there are dials and switches on the main control panel that allow control of all the keypad functions. On the keypad, I shut off the need for a pass code; on my iPhone, I use a simple to enter code (4 zeros) since that is a phone requirement.

So, in the end, InCommand gets a thumbs up from me.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #28
Apalinto

Hi GeoZ. You are the second member to mention updating your In Command system. I am not needing an update but I am curious, how was the update done? Did you use your phone? Did you actually connect an interface wire to the console? I agree with you, the system is quite reliable and now I'm spoiled. Love our level up system as well. Thank you.
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #29
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpellet723 View Post
Then a message came up on the control screen that an update was available. I called ASA and they sent me an update on a Memory Stick which plugged in to the bottom of the in-Command Control Pannel. I installed the updates and it has worked great ever since.
For those comfortable with technology, you can download the updates from their public website onto your own memory stick and not have to wait or bother ASA. (I'd supply the link, but different models of inCommand have different pages and different updates.)
Old 12-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #30
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalinto View Post
Hi GeoZ. You are the second member to mention updating your In Command system. I am not needing an update but I am curious, how was the update done? Did you use your phone? Did you actually connect an interface wire to the console?
There's a USB port under the bottom edge of the bezel. Put the update package on a memory stick, plug it in, and navigate to the update function.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #31
sourdough
Site Team

I want to tell everyone how much I appreciate your input - and please keep it coming. I have/had read so many things negative about InCommand that I made the decision I would not have it - not generational or confused, I just want things to work and not go south when I don't want them to without a bunch of drama to get it going.

Feedback from all of you is beginning to sway my thoughts. I truly appreciate the time you took to give that feedback. As I mentioned, keep the feedback coming if you have any - I will make a decision and you all have made a significant impact on my thinking.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:08 PM   #32
Ed wrobel

In command...Again

Had trailer a Montana 3721 it’s a 2017 had no problems with in command till lightning struck,literally.It fried our surge protector a GFCI outlet and the button to enable the slides,jacks.We needed to replace it all,insurance covered it . Our 2016 Chevy Silverado wasn’t spared it is still in the shop after 2 mos.What can you do?I would recommend Keystone and in command both parties helped me the best they could under the circumstances. We wouldn’t trade our summer for anything. It’s fortunate that it happened at the end of the trip instead of the beginning. Traveling for extended periods has it’s downs but mostly ups, it’s not for everybody but we can’t wait for next summer.Hope this helped to make a decision. See you on the road.
Ed wrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:31 AM   #33
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
I like adjusting the hvac with my phone the best. I am anxious to try the InCommand Global Connect.

2019 Keystone Cougar 361rlw
If your camping offers Wifi and you have a router in you coach, as I do, then your iN-Command module can connect to your coach's WiFi. You have to enable that.

Then with your phone, anywhere where you have access to the internet, like at a restaurant, you can turn the lights on and off, the water heater, the water pump, the thermostat up or down, it's super cool.

The awnings are not remote accessible, that makes sense you need to see them. I suspect the same for the slide outs, I haven't tried those and wouldn't anyhow.

Intelligent technology in my books.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #34
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed wrobel View Post
Had trailer a Montana 3721 it’s a 2017 had no problems with in command till lightning struck,literally.It fried our surge protector a GFCI outlet and the button to enable the slides,jacks.We needed to replace it all,insurance covered it . Our 2016 Chevy Silverado wasn’t spared it is still in the shop after 2 mos.What can you do?I would recommend Keystone and in command both parties helped me the best they could under the circumstances. We wouldn’t trade our summer for anything. It’s fortunate that it happened at the end of the trip instead of the beginning. Traveling for extended periods has it’s downs but mostly ups, it’s not for everybody but we can’t wait for next summer.Hope this helped to make a decision. See you on the road.
Help me understand here how iN-Command contributed to this... I think it was a victim like everything else that got fried....

Am I missing something ?
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:17 PM   #35
rodgebone

GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Help me understand here how iN-Command contributed to this... I think it was a victim like everything else that got fried....

Am I missing something ?
i think the point is this system is expensive to diag and repair, runs too many essentials and was easily disabled by a freak of nature. a simpler system could possibly have provided redundancy (and that was MY point in my previous post). having said that i wouldnt blame the cause of a lightning strike on ANY system - it was obviously a victim just like all his other systems. I dont think Ed is blaming his In Command for this unfortunate event
rodgebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #36
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgebone View Post
GeekSquadOfUn

i think the point is this system is expensive to diag and repair, runs too many essentials and was easily disabled by a freak of nature. a simpler system could possibly have provided redundancy (and that was MY point in my previous post). having said that i wouldnt blame the cause of a lightning strike on ANY system - it was obviously a victim just like all his other systems. I dont think Ed is blaming his In Command for this unfortunate event
I understand.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #37
GeoZ

I contacted ASA tech assist. They walked me through how to see what version my system had. It needed an update. If I remember correctly, they sent to me via the internet, I downloaded to a memory stick and then installed. Was actually quite easy.
GeoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #38
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoZ View Post
I contacted ASA tech assist. They walked me through how to see what version my system had. It needed an update. If I remember correctly, they sent to me via the internet, I downloaded to a memory stick and then installed. Was actually quite easy.
Good for you.

I've done a few updates this year, they are all available on their web site too. There often is 2 updates : one for the main module and one for the display.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:57 AM   #39
RWRiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
And I’d love to see how the truck dealership tries to trouble shoot an In Command issue on their app display in the truck.

Does that mean the owner has to tow the fifth wheel to the GMC truck dealer so they can see what’s not working, why the app won’t sync with the BCM on the fifth wheel ?
I can already hear the conversation.......GM will say it's a problem with RV, and the RV dealer will say it's a problem with the truck.
RWRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWRiley View Post
I can already hear the conversation.......GM will say it's a problem with RV, and the RV dealer will say it's a problem with the truck.
What I envision is Keystone may be "willing to help" with GM truck issues (they have a corporate contractual agreement between Keystone and GM) and what happens to a Ford or RAM owner who has the same problem with the In-Command system.... With the "history of reluctance" that Keystone has to be "up front and eager to help" with warranty issues, I can see some "smart a**" at Keystone suggesting, "Well, we only provide that warranty assistance to GM owners."..... Hopefully it won't come to that, but...….

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote