Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
rvhammer

Kudos to Keystone?

removed.....
rvhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
curlyfungirl

It sounds like you have had an unnecessarily frustrating experience I don't know why rv manufacturers are not expected to adhere to the samestandards as auto manufactures.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

My low cost, value priced, entry level Keystone that cost all of $19,999 brand spanking new has been a great unit requiring little work from me that would not be considered normal maintenance. Having been an experienced RV'er when I purchased it I did not have unrealistic expectations that nothing would ever go wrong or it would not require something to be fixed from time to time understanding it is a rolling apartment. Perhaps you should contact Keystone directly by phone and be courteous and see what can be done. Ranting and raving with them will get you no help at all.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvhammer View Post
I am not sure I can give Kudos to a company that uses furniture installers that neglect to even ATTACH the furniture to the slide in which it is intended to be attached. Not only was my stadium recliner NOT screwed in to the base but the construction of the stadium seating was so shoddy that one of the back rests were not even connected correctly to allow the foot rests to pop out. I have NEVER seen such trash in a furniture assembly. I buy Lazy Boy leather for my home furnishings. When I pay over 60k for an RV I would expect a level of quality which is at least comparable to the standards that Lazy Boy furniture produces for my home! This furniture in the Keystone Alpine 3495FL is total CRAP! Sloppy craftsmanship and sloppy quality control both by the manufacturer and also the dealer from whom I purchased it! I have nothing positive to say and am sorry that there can actually be a "kudos" thread for a company that sells such CRAP!

The the thought of creating a discussion thread that gives "Support Kudos" for Keystone is laughable. I am brand new to RVs and all associated with them and have had nothing but negative experiences thus far. I truly HOPE that this RV consumer market has better controls on product production, quality control and sales and repair responsiveness comparable to most OTHER high end consumer products! Give me a unit that has no leaks, has slide seals that keeps out insects not to mention WATER, gray and black valves that pull easily without having to take it back to the dealer, auto level LCD output that works before I take delivery, thermostat controls that actually WORK... front heat 74 and back heat 50! Is THIS what RVing is all about??? I sent a comment to Keystone on their website about this issue and have not heard a thing about the situation from them in over 2 weeks. Their lack of response is a CLEAR indication to me of what I am facing! No response... no customer satisfaction! At the LEAST let me know that you have received my inquiry. Silence is a clear indication of your small time operation. Any company concerned with their reputation would immediately make contact with their customers and NOT ignore a request.

I have read about Keystone customers making adjustments and tweaks on their own to their units to work for them! Why should anyone pay over 60k on a unit and have to make tweaks??? I am getting to old to make tweaks! I want it to WORK out of the box and not have to bring it back more times than you think (words of the trusty service representative at my dealership). In my grandchild's vernacular
I too am a fellow Alpine owner that has been through the repair mill this past year. To be fair, some of issues were with the appliance manufator. But some of the problems were a result of sloppy workmanship. I have found that you need a good dealer to work with who will be as persistent with Keystone to get repairs made. Good luck!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

This forum is generally supported by members who either currently own or have previously owned Keystone products, or by members who are interested in Keystone as a new purchase or a replacement for a current RV. Most of the members are satisfied with their purchase experience and with their RV. Surely most have had an issue or more and almost all have achieved satisfatory repairs or replacements from their dealer and/or Keystone.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Keystone corporate people monitor or even read the posts submitted here. They have been made aware of the site and have been invited to monitor and to become members, however to the best of my knowledge, none of them have taken any action to become members and certainly, in the past 2 years, none have posted anything on this site.

With that said, it appears the OP has had some issues with sticky dump valves and now with some of the furniture in his RV. It is unfortunate that not all the RV's coming off the assembly line meet the expectations of the new owner. I will say that my "entry level" RV, a Springdale has been a pleasure to own and with the exception of the refrigerator (which Dometic and the dealer repaired in 2 days) my RV has been trouble free. There are a number of owners with similar experiences and a number who have had virtually no problems with their RV. Other owners have had significant problems and Keystone has stepped up to the plate to authorize repairs with little more than just being notified there is a problem.

Again, it is unfortunate that the OP is having problems with his RV and I certainly wish him luck in getting his problems repaired so he can enjoy his purchase. I would add that asking for advice on this forum on how best to address the issue and asking for previous experiences in dealing with Keystone or the dealer would probably gain responses that could help with the current issues, however, to rant about how "terrible Keystone is" as a company to a group of essentially satisfied customers won't produce much help and most likely won't get any positive action toward resolution of the current problems.

If the OP would like to hear from members with experience dealing with Keystone or would like advice on how others have dealt with similar issues, I'm certain members would volunteer their experiences. But, to essentially say that nothing Keystone makes is worth a D**m and berate the products we use and enjoy every day will burn more bridges than it will build with most members.

Here's hoping the OP's issues are resolved, but none of us has the authority to get the dealer to work on his rig or to "lean on" Keystone to do anything for him.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Htfiremedic

I called Keystone after purchasing my Fuzion(used). I had a few warranty issues that needed to be addressed. The lady with whom I spoke was quite helpful. I explained my situation and she asked if I was the original owner. I told her that I bought it used. She said no problem. She changed my info in the database at Keystone, pointed me in the correct direction, and corrected all of my issues.
I even received a letter from them a week or so after the call and it showed all of the warranty issues that I needed to look at that I had missed.
Granted, my tone was as sweet as DC's sweet tea can get. Yellow Jackets were circling my head as I laid it on.
However it was truly a good experience.
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Mighty Ming

Sounds like someone didn't do a proper PDI... May have caught those issues before driving away and having to return. Hope you get the issues resolved and get to enjoy the RV as much as the rest of us have. Best of luck to you. I do gotta say i love my Keystone product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
davidjsimons

So far, I am 100% satisfied with my Cougar, and it doesn't even have Hancock & Moore leather furnishing. Again, perhaps my experience is the exception and not the rule or the result of a good dealership going over the unit fairly well before my taking delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjsimons View Post
So far, I am 100% satisfied with my Cougar, and it doesn't even have Hancock & Moore leather furnishing. Again, perhaps my experience is the exception and not the rule or the result of a good dealership going over the unit fairly well before my taking delivery.
No, David, your experience is not the exception. I am equally happy with our Cougar. If you think about it, there are thousands of Keystone owners
who don't participate in this forum. While there is no way to know that exact number, and even less possible to know how many are dissatisfied with Keystone, I suspect that Keystone would not have survived without putting a decent product on the market year after year.

Frankly, something like a crappy piece of furniture can not be totally blamed on Keystone. The dealership should shoulder most of the responsibility as they didn't fix it and let it go out the door in poor condition. And then they didn't simply take responsibility for it. But the customer bears responsibility as well. If something fails PDI, it needs to be pointed out to the dealership and documented before towing the trailer away.

One final point from me, and I am sure the moderators have addressed this, but I am going to state it publicly anyway. Posting the same complaint in multiple sub-forums here really doesn't further anyone's cause. From my point of view, it dilutes the poster's credibility and makes the whole issue sound like sour grapes. We all agree that typing in all capital letters is the equivalent of shouting in the library. I think that starting new threads in multiple sub-forums on the same topic is equally out of place in our conversations here.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
davidjsimons

Amen Steve. I agree 100%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote