Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2021, 04:22 PM   #41
DeniseJ

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratowles View Post
We will be full timing this summer with our cat and dog. Any helpful tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

We plan to kennel them in the travel trailer while we are on the road. We only average 4 to 6 hours when we are traveling between campsites and stop religiously every two hours.

Comments/concerns?
Honestly I would NEVER have my pets ride in the trailer. There was a time when we had to go to the dump station down the road from our spot, we travel with 3 cats and I didn't want to have to chase them and kennel them for a 15 min. endeavor. So, I decided to hang with them in our bedroom, with the slides in and the door closed thinking they'll be OK because I'll be with them. My husband drove our T.V. for a total of 1 mile at 10 mph. Let me tell you, HOLY COW!! We bounced all over that small bedroom and it was so rough, (paved road) and very loud (remember they aren't really insulated for sound.. It was scary for me and the cats! It's not what it seems like it would be! We drive with them over the road in individual kennels in the back seat with seat belts and this way they are secure and safe with us and know they won't die, they're scared to death with us in the truck, so I'd say being in the trailer is a very bad experience.
DeniseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:57 AM   #42
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Those struggle with pets getting nervous or travel sickness, ask your veterinarian about Benadryl. Been a life saver for us over the years.

Takes the edge off and is a mild sedative that helps them sleep.

Your pictures brought back memories of our little Kazzie, who left us a couple years ago at the age of 19.
When we first started traveling she would sit on DW's lap and shiver until we drove past the vet's building, then she would settle down and nap.
Here is a pic of her "lounging" on the console while heading south for the winter.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:03 AM   #43
jimborokz

OK, let's try that again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160504_110652 (2).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	32572  
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #44
notanlines

Jim, "she would sit on DW's lap and shiver until we drove past the vet's building" My wife laughed out loud when I read that to her. Our Patches was exactly the same way.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #45
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
OK, let's try that again.
What a Sweetheart!

Rizzo loves the MH. New girl, Momma Dawn still isn’t thrilled we are her new owners, but she traveled so much better in the MH than the pickup. I don’t get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	936A6849-166B-4959-A43B-EF69B6DB9FB3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	32591  
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #46
mikz86ta

Youtube for Changing Lanes channel nd search for where they upgraded their toyhauler suspension. They do a ride-inside video before and after of the 5er. Be surprised at how uncomfortable it can be for your pets watching it.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote