Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
28Bunkhouse

Question Jensen entertainment system

We have a new Springdale and are having difficulty with the speakers for the audio system. The speakers on A are very loud while we can barely hear the speakers on B and C channels. Also when A is selected B or C don't seem to produce any sound. Is this a setup issue or could it be a faulty system?

2011 Springdale 281

2003.5 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins

Rear air bag assist

Northern British Columbia, Canada
28Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
badge4

Admittedly I am going off my recall here but I believe that A button is for one set of interior speakers ( I think just two actually) while B is a combination of all interior speakers and C is for outside speakers only at least thats how it is on our Retreat and yes I find you have to adjust the volumne for each setting but not sure why.
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
njboomer75

we also have a new Springdale and I am not a big fan of the Jensen system. One of the speakers blew while we had a movie on, was not playing it loud. Anyway, the A button controls the two front speakers, the B button controls the rear two speakers, C controls outside. A and B together gets you all 4 interior speakers. Quick question for you: Can you play the audio from your television through the Jensen system? Not a movie but just the Television? I can't, so I was just wondering if they forgot a cable or if they did this on purpose.
njboomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

In my trailer, there is an audio cable (red and black RCA connectors) with a "phoneplug" on the other end. That connects to a set of RCA cables that are laying under the TV. To get TV sound through the Jensen system, connect the cables, plug in the phoneplug to the headset connection on the back of the TV and turn on the Jensen system. Select "AUX" and you should have sound. Unfortunately, you have to adjust the volume both at the TV and on the Jensen. It's a "make do" system, but functional. Our TV is in the front of the living area, the recliners in the rear. We us the B speakers to watch TV so we can get audible sound at a lower volume (over the AC)

If you do this, make sure you don't have the "C" speaker button pushed or the whole campground will be listening to your movie. Depending on the rating, that could be "situational" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
cumminsdad08

mines a little older, but i only have two speakers total. my b and c don't hook to anything, currently.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
smiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtjh View Post
if you do this, make sure you don't have the "c" speaker button pushed or the whole campground will be listening to your movie. Depending on the rating, that could be "situational" lol
I can second that... DAMHIK...
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
GMcKenzie

I had mine out of my 2010 Cougar last weekend to plug in the iPod cable.

My "A" is the outside 2 speakers. My "B" is the inside 4 speakers and my "C" does nothing and has a different style plug on it. I'm thinking it's for a sub-woofer connection. Also on the back is an Aux input RCA jack that I am going to use to take the TV output and play it through the stereo. But it came from the factory without the plug.

Actually, now that I think about it. The Aux out is a RCA cord with three connections. So the stereo is outputting audio (as well as video) to the TV. If I'm watching a movie I will always have the stereo on so I don't need the RCA for the stereo audio out and can use them to connect the audio in to Aux 2.

Guess I'm digging in behind there again this weekend.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
smiller

You can use the link below to download the manual, includes all the wiring diagrams.

http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/downl...ers_manual.pdf
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
28Bunkhouse

Jensen entertainment center

Thanks Smiller, I down loaded the manual it says one can adjust speaker balance and fade etc. I will try that.

2011 Springdale 281

2003.5 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins

Rear air bag assist

Northern British Columbia, Canada
28Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
08limited

Also on a side note my 278 Cougar did not have the TV (Toshiba) hooked to the Jensen after hooking it up it had a clipping sound after taking it in for other warranty stuff my dealer tried getting it covered under warranty but was told it was not. I had to buy a Ground Loop Isolator they are cheap in price but I would think most would hook the TV with the suround.

Corey
08limited is offline   Reply With Quote