Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
tpbp1981

Decals/Graphics

I have owned a Raptor 3600rl toyhauler since may 2008. This past March I noticed I had five decals starting to coming unglued and curling up. Since my trailer was almost three years old I went to my local Keystone dealer and ordered the five decals at a cost of $163.00. Before the decals could be delivered I noticed two more decals coming loose. My wife said why don't you contact Keystone RV and see if they will do anything. I went into the Keystone RV web site and clicked on the customer service tab and gave the required information with a brief description of my problem. About a week later I received an email from Denise in customer service requesting me to email her pictures of the decals which I did. Several days passed and I received an email from Denise saying Keystone was willing to provide me a complete set of decals for my trailer but they were not going to supply the labor to remove and and install the new ones, would I accept their offer? I gladly accepted their offer. I have just received my last decal a few days ago. The set of decals retail for almost $1800.00 plus shipping. Thanks Keystone for standing behind your product. NOTE: the decals are real easy to remove with a Dupont eraser wheel on a drill. The erase removes the decal and almost all of the glue in a few minutes. Then remove the rest of the glue with goof off and finish up with denatured alcohol. Now your ready to install the new decal.
tpbp1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
KanTC

tpbp1981,

Thanks for posting your positive outcome concerning the decals and welcome to the forum.

Happy trails to you & yours,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
TAS

Glad it worked out for you. My 08 Fuzion is having the same issue all around. I contacted them and was basically told I was SOL.
TAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
tpbp1981

TAS, Sorry it didn't work for you. When I was searching for decals on line I found this web site burlingtongraphics.com. They are the Keystone RV OEM for graphics. They can supply individual decals and complete sets. Hope this helps.
tpbp1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
plowbuggy

I too had the same problem w/ my Laredo 32RS. Contacted Keystone via email and had a response back. After a few emails and sending photos of the peeling decales, I was sent a diagram w/ the decals shown and was told to pick out the ones I needed and a few days later I recevied them in the mail free of charge. Thanks Keystone, but I don't have a clue on how to get them on, but at least I have them to replace.
plowbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
rburckhart

We have a '07 Cougar that had a faded front decal and one peeling at the rear on the street side. I contacted Keystone and got a response from Robyne asking me to send her pics of the bad ones. Shortly thereafter I received the replacement ones - Kudos to Keystone!

I do have a question though: even though these are peel and stick, does anyone know if you can put them on with the window tint application proceedure (soapy water and a squeege)? Thanks.
2013 F-250 SD 6.2 gas
Siberian Husky named "Willow"
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburckhart View Post
I do have a question though: even though these are peel and stick, does anyone know if you can put them on with the window tint application proceedure (soapy water and a squeege)? Thanks.
If the new decals are vinyl, I don't see why not. I have used that technique for over 40 years on all kinds of vinyl, scotchlight, reflexite, and other similar materials.

FWIW, for large decals on relatively smooth surfaces, a brayer (roller with a handle) works much better. I like the hard rubber ones that are about 4" wide. They look like this:

You can get them at art supply stores or order them over the net. The one pictured above retails for about $13.

Place your decal and then start at the center, working out to the edges in all directions. Stray air bubbles can be worked to the edge quite easily.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
Mobile Motel

Thumbs up Word of praise

After reading these posts about decals, I contacted Keystone about the decals on my 08 Cougar. After sending them photos of the decals in question and exchange of a few emails, Robyne from Customer Support sent me the required decals in 3 days. I was very impressed with the service and the enthusiasm the team had with my request. Thanks Keystone.
Mobile Motel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Mobile Motel

I have applied 3M decals and vinyl on emergency vehicles for years....I use soapy water to be able to move the decal around for placement. As long as you squeegy from the center out apply them in a warm temperature, you should be ok. Make sure the surface is clean of sylicone, oils, dust, lint and the surface is not cold. Hope this helps if you havnt got them put on yet.
Mobile Motel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
rjsurfer

I also received a new front decal from Keystone, can anyone recommend a video or write up on how to install the decal?

I'm thinking taking the old decal off is just time consuming but the install might be an issue. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

It's great to hear that Keystone took care of your decal problem. I've been very impressed with the way Keystone handles customer service. As for installing decals, you're so right: Warm day, clean (then double clean) the surface, gentle squeege from the center to the outside, let it sit a bit before removing the backing paper, then clean again from the center to the edges.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Mobile Motel

directions for removal of decals

The gentleman above gave the best directions to remove them......just follow his lead and this will do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbp1981 View Post
NOTE: the decals are real easy to remove with a Dupont eraser wheel on a drill. The erase removes the decal and almost all of the glue in a few minutes. Then remove the rest of the glue with goof off and finish up with denatured alcohol. Now your ready to install the new decal.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
rburckhart

Decal application

Hey Ron,
I just recently replaced my front cap decal - here's how I did it. I waited for a warm sunny day, when the sun had been on the front end for several hours. I gently peeled each letter off w/out any problems until I got to the "O." I ended up using a plastic putty knife to remove it.

Then I used some "Goof Off" to remove the remaining adhesive residue, then cleaned the surface with soapy water and rinsed. There was a faint outline left on the surface, so I used blue painters tape to mark the top, bottom, and sides of the old outlines, to help guide me when I positioned the new ones. I found you can also use a pencil to make some short guidelines.

Then as I peeled the new decals off the paper, I sprayed the adhesive side with a water/ baby shampoo mixture (one teaspoon shampoo to one qt. water). By doing this, the decal won't stick to itself. I sprayed the surface on the front cap, lined up each decal using my guidelines, and gently spread the decal on the surface. I used a 6" shower squegee to smooth them out and get the water out from behind them. It turned out really well. Hope this helps.
2013 F-250 SD 6.2 gas
Siberian Husky named "Willow"
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
TAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAS View Post
Glad it worked out for you. My 08 Fuzion is having the same issue all around. I contacted them and was basically told I was SOL.
Update to what I posted a while back: Sent Keystone pictures and they are now sending me a complete set (minus a couple I told them I didn't need). So, a happy ending after all.
98 TJ (w/ enough mods to get me into trouble)
TAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
Justvisiting2day

Decals and Graphics

WOW with all the good news. I was thinking of calling them about getting a couple for ,,,,,MY pick up,, I figure the continuing design from my PU to my Passport would look pretty neat.

And talking about support, Curtis Trailer in Portland , OR. is my dealer. Complete support and is very knowlegable, plus plus Great people in the service and parts department too. Well OK the sales team is OK too.
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #16
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburckhart View Post
Hey Ron,
I just recently replaced my front cap decal - here's how I did it. I waited for a warm sunny day, when the sun had been on the front end for several hours. I gently peeled each letter off w/out any problems until I got to the "O." I ended up using a plastic putty knife to remove it.

Then I used some "Goof Off" to remove the remaining adhesive residue, then cleaned the surface with soapy water and rinsed. There was a faint outline left on the surface, so I used blue painters tape to mark the top, bottom, and sides of the old outlines, to help guide me when I positioned the new ones. I found you can also use a pencil to make some short guidelines.

Then as I peeled the new decals off the paper, I sprayed the adhesive side with a water/ baby shampoo mixture (one teaspoon shampoo to one qt. water). By doing this, the decal won't stick to itself. I sprayed the surface on the front cap, lined up each decal using my guidelines, and gently spread the decal on the surface. I used a 6" shower squegee to smooth them out and get the water out from behind them. It turned out really well. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip, worked out great. With the new front decal and using Zep floor finish on the cap the camper looks new.

Ron W.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
hoffbrew

Zep floor finish??? .... Please tell me more....
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #18
rjsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffbrew View Post
Zep floor finish??? .... Please tell me more....
It's the same product as Red Max Pro floor finish, easy on and gives a great shine.

Do a search on RMP and you can judge for yourself...I only use it on the front cap the sides and back of the camper are still in great shape but others have done their whole trailer with it.

Ron W.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
Bparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justvisiting2day View Post
WOW with all the good news. I was thinking of calling them about getting a couple for ,,,,,MY pick up,, I figure the continuing design from my PU to my Passport would look pretty neat.

And talking about support, Curtis Trailer in Portland , OR. is my dealer. Complete support and is very knowlegable, plus plus Great people in the service and parts department too. Well OK the sales team is OK too.
Chuck
Can you tell me where you sent the pictures too. I too have a 2008 Fuzion and am losing quite a few on 1 side of the rig.
Bparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #20
Live4FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bparrot View Post
Can you tell me where you sent the pictures too. I too have a 2008 Fuzion and am losing quite a few on 1 side of the rig.
Yes, I would like a contact as well. I have purchased some from Burlington Graphics but they are no longer selling to public. I am curious if this is a change in position from Keystone. Each and everyone of my decals is now peeling. When I purchased replacements last year, I only got the five or six I needed most at the time.

I was told by my dealer several years ago that it would be a waste of time going to the manufacturer on this. The dealer has been fair in everything else so I just dropped it. Seems like there may still be an opportunity. This decal issue really makes my trailer look like crap and seriously hurts resale value.
Live4FW is offline   Reply With Quote