Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #1
Gabe Soileau

Need replace ladder

I have a 2008 Fuzion 302. The ladder to access the roof is missing, and keystone no longer makes this part. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this replaced?
Gabe Soileau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, first I'd ask, are you looking only for a replacement ladder that you can install, or, are you asking where to take it to have a replacement ladder installed?

If you're only looking for the parts, try Trekwood.com. They are a parts house associated with a large RV dealership. Their online parts store specializes in Keystone RV parts.

You can also go to this thread on the forum: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=12986 In that thread, you'll find several salvage companies that specialize in RV parts. While this is a "hit and miss" type of search, if you locate a ladder at one of them, it may be much less expensive than buying a new ladder.

On the other hand, if you're looking to tow your RV to a repair center to have the ladder installed, any competent repair center should be able to obtain a suitable ladder and install it on your RV. Ask around your community for opinions on which repair center is considered reliable. Many are "booked solid" during the RV season and likely can't work on your RV until the fall, but they may be able to take a look, order parts and schedule the actual repairs at a time that's better for you and for them.

Again, depending on what you want to do yourself vs hire someone to do for you will determine which route you would want to take.

Keep us posted as things progress. Your input may help someone else who is considering the same type repair.

As an observation, Keystone never "made" your ladder. They purchased parts from a variety of manufacturers and "put them all together as an RV" so even though Keystone doesn't have the ladder on hand doesn't mean much. The identical ladder may be currently installed on several other brands being built by other traielr manufacturers...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Gabe Soileau

That is a lot of help, thanks and will do.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
MrEnto

I understand you wanting to replace the original but I bought a collapsing extension ladder and use it to access the roof. It’s steadier and stores easy. I also can get up to the roof from all around and not necessarily get onto it.
MrEnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #5
Badbart56

I don't trust the OEM ladder to hold my 6'01", 240 lb. frame either.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
Frank G

Look Here

http://www.trekwood.com/products/865...n-Chrome-Pkg-5
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #7
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnto View Post
I understand you wanting to replace the original but I bought a collapsing extension ladder and use it to access the roof. It’s steadier and stores easy. I also can get up to the roof from all around and not necessarily get onto it.
^ My vote is also for this type of ladder. I have one and like it. Cheaper, sturdier, compact and can be used elsewhere. YMMV

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
MrEnto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
I don't trust the OEM ladder to hold my 6'01", 240 lb. frame either.
I agree. And stressing the little mounting points that penetrate the walls/water barrier just doesn’t make sense to me.
MrEnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:31 AM   #9
Gabe Soileau

I’ve seen those collapsible ladders recommended multiple times, sounds like I should look into it.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I bought this one last year in an Amazon special for $54. Now it's around $150. It fits in my front storage and is "always there" if I need it. Just watch your fingers when closing it. It'll pinch the dickens out of your fingers and never offer an apology..... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are a number of similar ladders on Amazon and other websites. You should be able to find a good, easy to store model for around $75, delivered to your house.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ladder