Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
BuxCamper

Furrion remote control interferes with Connexx

At least for my 2017 Bullet the Furrion universal TV remote appears to send infra red codes that the Connex sound bar Keystone is now using reacts to. Is anyone else having this problem? Was the Furrion remote set up to also control the Connex? I can find very little info on the web for either the Furrion remote and the Connex.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
Tbos

Sounds like you need to shift a freq for one or the other if possible. In our s&b our neighbors were able to control each other's wirelessly controlled fans and fireplaces from each other's homes. We are now getting so many wireless devices with limited freq spectrum I expect this kind of thing will occur more frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
BuxCamper

It's all infrared. Can't shift frequencies. A company can buy integrated circuits to build remote control systems but they are supposed to use a unique manufactures code and I'm suspecting both used the defaults.

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #4
Tbos

Furrion remote control interferes with Connexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuxCamper View Post
It's all infrared. Can't shift frequencies. A company can buy integrated circuits to build remote control systems but they are supposed to use a unique manufactures code and I'm suspecting both used the defaults.

Ok, now I'm really confused. If it's infrared it normally needs line of sight. If you know where the sensor is on your sound bar maybe you can block it. Another option would be to remove power from the sound bar when you are doing something with the camera. I do admit I'm not familiar with either of those particular systems but thought my tron background might help. Let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
BuxCamper

Most infrared remote control systems use a method (carrier) that allows you to point the remote almost anywhere in the room and the controlled object will "see" it. I should add that the Connex sound bar which is also the radio) is barely two feet from the TV.

I do have a Harmony remote and I need to see if I can program it for the Ferrion. If the Connex responds then they stupidly used the same codes.

Years ago I worked on a project where we had to do a universal remote system. Unfortunate I'm no longer at that company and do not have access to the equipment to read the codes sent. That would tell me what's going on real fast

Old 04-02-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
BuxCamper

I did a little playing with the two remotes and they are using the same IR codes but for different functions. The Furrion volume up is tune down on the Connex. Furrion channel down is power toggle on Connex. The easiest way to solve it is to replace one or the other.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #7
Laredo240MK2015

Is there a replacement for ConneX SB-26? I didn't think that it was possible to get a really bad receiver now days but it seems that Keystone has managed to to find the worst of them. Has anyone replaced their soundbar with something else? The Furrion TV that is installed isn't great either nor is the antenna Keystone is using now. I can't even get local TV stations without adding an external antenna on a mast. As to the radio, I have added a cable to the external antenna but I actually get worse reception with it.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:17 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Laredo240MK2015 typically the antenna for the fadio is balled up behid the radio. You may get beter reception adding to the tv antenna but realise that the antnna may have an fm block or just not be "tuned" to get fm. Adding another slitter to the system will weaken the signal toeveryting down stream of the splitter. If you add a splitter to the tv connection chances are you will not receive any fm when connected to park cable. As for replacements most RV radios/sound systems are junk. If the opening in the cabinet is a standard double din or smaller I would recommend a car stereo as they are far superior. You will also get a better dvd player if you go stand alone as most rv units arenot blue ray. Same with the soundbar. The RV industry buys the least expensive to keep cost competitve. Personally I'm a component guy. If one component fails you don't loose everything and the quality of component systems are higher. If something new is released (think back to blue ray release, HD radio, etc.) it's easier to upgrade one component. If your concerned over multiple remotes Harmony sells multi funchtion remotes that you can programe to operate everyting with one remote. I can't stand a poor tv display or tinny shallow sound and replaced all of it in our unit. Your prefrences of course dictate what's best for you.
BuxCamper, if it were mine I'd start with what you use the most and is more important to you, Replace that first and then replace what dissapoints or fails after that.
YMMV
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, remote control