Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
silverbullet18

2017 Outback 330RL with Leveling System

Thinking of upgrading to a Outback 330RL from a Bullet 269RLS. This unit has two AC's and a leveling system. Anyone out there have one? If so any opinions or likes or dislikes

Thomas and Becky
2016 Bullet 269RLS
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
silverbullet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Javi

Don't have an Outback but the auto level thingy is the best thing since sliced bread.

Javi
Old 01-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

Don't have an Outback but auto-level is right up there with sex.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Don't have an Outback but the auto level thingy is the best thing since sliced bread.

Javi
Don't have an Outback but auto-level is right up there with sex.
CaptnJohn

Must be a heck of a trailer with endorsements like these! You can't lose!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

We have installed ground control 3.0 enough times that I am thinking of buying and installing it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:17 AM   #6
xrated

Hmm....sammich and sex......reminds me of an old joke that I probably shouldn't post here. I don't need to see the ban hammer!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #7
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
We have installed ground control 3.0 enough times that I am thinking of buying and installing it.
I think you will be pleased. Boards and levels are a PIA to tote, place, and carry. Maybe because I'm a bit older but the time saved and pushing a button is a lot less work than any other way to level.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #8
Billvb2017

We bought the new 2017 outback 330 RL about a month ago, We love the layout. Everything works well so far but have only had it out one time. planning another this weekend. The slides are different from our last camper ( 2009 outback Sydney 310bhs) in that they are driven by cables, they are the accu-slide by Norco . seems the slide motor is under some stress. The leveling system is a great feature, so easy to use and fully automatic. When you select auto reconnect , the tongue ends up where you started so hooking back up to tow vehicle is simple. Very comfortable interior, let me know if you have any specific questions and i'll do my best to answer.
Billvb2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billvb2017 View Post
We bought the new 2017 outback 330 RL about a month ago, We love the layout. Everything works well so far but have only had it out one time. planning another this weekend. The slides are different from our last camper ( 2009 outback Sydney 310bhs) in that they are driven by cables, they are the accu-slide by Norco . seems the slide motor is under some stress. The leveling system is a great feature, so easy to use and fully automatic. When you select auto reconnect , the tongue ends up where you started so hooking back up to tow vehicle is simple. Very comfortable interior, let me know if you have any specific questions and i'll do my best to answer.
Look under your slide to make sure the wear bar hasn't pulled something loose and it's caught under the slide. Also being out of level will cause the motor to sound strained.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #10
Billvb2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Look under your slide to make sure the wear bar hasn't pulled something loose and it's caught under the slide. Also being out of level will cause the motor to sound strained.
Not sure where a wear bar is, the slide is a smooth bottom and runs on two rollers on each end just inside wall. I think it's just really heavy. My old camper had the two bars I think your talking about

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Not sure where a wear bar is, the slide is a smooth bottom and runs on two rollers on each end just inside wall. I think it's just really heavy. My old camper had the two bars I think your talking about

The wear bar is just inside the slide opening attached to the floor; sort of a U shaped hard poly bar you can see when you bring your slide in. It usually contacts the slide on the ends after things have settled best I can tell. If you have rollers that's a good thing to me but from talking to Norco about mine you could still have the wear bar. One of my slides has rollers and the other 2 don't but all have wear bars.

I've had a couple of issues with mine; at one time it pulled a piece of tape that had been put on the bottom of the slide for some reason and it bound up with the wear bar; the next it chewed off an end of the underslide seal and it got caught; lastly one end of the slide caught on some carpet that had not been trimmed properly and it chewed it up getting tangled up on the end under the slide. Just things that you might check to make sure something isn't going wrong vs just having a heavy slide.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #12
Billvb2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The wear bar is just inside the slide opening attached to the floor; sort of a U shaped hard poly bar you can see when you bring your slide in. It usually contacts the slide on the ends after things have settled best I can tell. If you have rollers that's a good thing to me but from talking to Norco about mine you could still have the wear bar. One of my slides has rollers and the other 2 don't but all have wear bars.

I've had a couple of issues with mine; at one time it pulled a piece of tape that had been put on the bottom of the slide for some reason and it bound up with the wear bar; the next it chewed off an end of the underslide seal and it got caught; lastly one end of the slide caught on some carpet that had not been trimmed properly and it chewed it up getting tangled up on the end under the slide. Just things that you might check to make sure something isn't going wrong vs just having a heavy slide.
Thank you I will check these areas

Old 03-14-2017, 03:34 AM   #13
Billvb2017

Quote:
Thank you I will check these areas

Everything looks good. Thanks for your help

sent from my Droid Turbo