Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
ChrisM

371 half-bath and separate black tank

Just traded up to a Fuzion 371 and haven't used it yet. Our salesman couldn't answer many questions about the inner-workings of the unit so I'm hoping to get educated by people who have crossed these bridges before. The half-bath appears to have it's own tank for black/grey. I assume the black tank flush is only connected to the main black tank. Anybody had issues with tank maintenance of the half-bath? Do you recommend just liquids in this tank? I'm also trying to understand the split in tank storage. Specs on the 371 show 43 gallons black. Any idea how that's divided between main and half-bath tanks?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
ri_truck_guy

There's a separate drain valve for the rear black/gray tank. It's located under the kitchen slide up on the frame by the wheels. I was quite surprised when I found it during after about three uses of the RV. As far as I can tell, the flush system works on both tanks. Since I figured all that out I've had no problems using the 1/2 bath to its full potential. I don't have a good sense on how much each tank holds except to say they both seem to hold quite a bit.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
dvan

Not sure if yours is like my 405, but mine has a tank that is for the 1/2 bath toilet and the sink in the bathroom and also the sink in the kitchen. Theres a valve on the frame by the tires. Mine was marked GRAY WATER, but it was black and gray water. That could be a problem for someone that didn't know that and is boondocking as I am on BLM land and are allowed to drain your gray water on the ground.
Also mine has (3) 43 gallon tanks. (1) black for the main bath toilet, (1) gray for the shower and bath sink and (1) for the 1/2 bath toilet,bath sink and kitchen sink.
Dennis
dvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
KenBob

We treat our "Powder Room" as we do the main bath. Same treatment chems and flushing. The flushing system does work in both black tanks on our 360. just keep the drain valves open when flushing. Should be able to hear the flushing action in both tanks.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
ChrisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBob View Post
We treat our "Powder Room" as we do the main bath. Same treatment chems and flushing. The flushing system does work in both black tanks on our 360. just keep the drain valves open when flushing. Should be able to hear the flushing action in both tanks.
Nice Nomad KenBob... my brother in-law has a 05 1600 in similar color combo. I switched to the Vaquero from an 05 BMW K1200LT.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
socalhd

If you do not have a separate sewer hook up for the 1/2 bath then it uses the same tank as you galley

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
ChrisM

Weather finally breaking and I went through the de-winterize/sanitizing process on this new unit. I confirmed the sink is draining to the grey tank. I have one sewer connection which is a Y coupling with sewer pipe coming from front and back of the coach. Maybe this is a design change for 2015 but I sure am happy the sink drains to the grey tank and not the smaller black tank in the back. Now when I'm parked for some time I can leave the grey valve open and manually dump black tanks when needed, closing the grey prior to get some water to flush everything out after black tank dump of course.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #8
hoffbrew

I will have to look into this on mine, had no idea about the flush working on both. I will check it out when I arrive to camping spot TODAY!!!!
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 PM   #9
VAJeff

First time post, i have been following many posts since trding in our 2006 Forrest River Rockwood 83188SS in for the 2015 Fuzion FZ371 (Gray Outside color scheme)! we love the new trailer....

When dewenterizing, I decided to see where each drain drains to ince none of the tanks had ever been used... I was able to open and close the valves and easily determine where water drains to.

Back Bath, both sink and toilet go tot the same tank. Lever for their tanks is the one under the slide behind the wheel.

Kitchen Sink, Shower, and main bath sink all go tot the same tank. This is the Gray Tank Valve in the hook up area.

The main toilet goes to it's own tank. That is the Black Valve in the hook up area.

Now, just wating on the dealer to fix the slow leak from the Gray Valve...

Jeff
VAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
gilpinbrewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAJeff View Post
First time post, i have been following many posts since trding in our 2006 Forrest River Rockwood 83188SS in for the 2015 Fuzion FZ371 (Gray Outside color scheme)! we love the new trailer....

When dewenterizing, I decided to see where each drain drains to ince none of the tanks had ever been used... I was able to open and close the valves and easily determine where water drains to.

Back Bath, both sink and toilet go tot the same tank. Lever for their tanks is the one under the slide behind the wheel.

Kitchen Sink, Shower, and main bath sink all go tot the same tank. This is the Gray Tank Valve in the hook up area.

The main toilet goes to it's own tank. That is the Black Valve in the hook up area.

Now, just wating on the dealer to fix the slow leak from the Gray Valve...

Jeff
Were you able to check the washer/dryer prep drain? I haven't been able to look at this yet and am curious to where it drains to.

Steve
Old 03-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #11
VAJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post
Were you able to check the washer/dryer prep drain? I haven't been able to look at this yet and am curious to where it drains to.

Steve
That is the one I did forget to look at. We have no plans of installing them, so those connections are always an afterthought (so far in the two months that we have owned it). Going to have to remember those connections when I winterize next year though!

Since we will not be using them, I bought two garden hose brass caps to screw onto them. I do not need kids back there messing with things and opening one up to spray water everywhere...
VAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 AM   #12
hoffbrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffbrew View Post
I will have to look into this on mine, had no idea about the flush working on both. I will check it out when I arrive to camping spot TODAY!!!!
Back bath sink and toilet drain into rear black tank and the santi flush works on both black tanks at same time... Nice!! I guess my rear sensor is not messed up. I use to drain the rear black tank first then work on the main black tank last, obviously was filling up back tank with the santi flush!!
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #13
Stanomatic

Thank goodness for this post. I just found the 2nd tank valve handle above wheels under the kitchen slide. We didn't use the back bathroom because the tank read full. I didn't realize the saniflush filled it up. I thought I had a bad sensor. Tomorrow I will drain that one.
Stanomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:51 AM   #14
pmcmath

So on the 2015 Fuzion 371 there is truly a second valve to drain the back 1/2 bath black water tank? Mine is reading 2/3 full while the front is reading empty. I looked for a valve but have not found one at all. Can you take a picture and post it?? We are heading out for a week this coming week and do not need any issues especially with that lol. I have a y connection that I hook up to and thought one valve at the water hook up controlled both front and back bathrooms....HELP please!!
pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #15
ChrisM

The handle is mounted in the I-Beam frame on the left side of the trailer under the kitchen slide and in between the tire and the center jack.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #16
MontanaMike

I have the Carbon 357 with the 2 bathrooms. I've got 2 grey and 2 black tanks and valves for all 4 on the frame (2 almost under the pass-through and 2 under the kitchen slide) and only one waste drain.

I also have 2 black tank flush (saniflush?) hookups on my coach. One in the control center/passthrough and then another just rear of the kitchen slide.
2010 Polaris Sportsman 550X2
MontanaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #17
pmcmath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
The handle is mounted in the I-Beam frame on the left side of the trailer under the kitchen slide and in between the tire and the center jack.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response and help. Going home from the office to see this shortly and get ready to go for a week to Disney World at Fort Wilderness.
pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #18
whcarr

2017 371 washer drains to rear tank
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #19
Tinner12002

Are you sure your flush system sprays both black tanks together...I know its a different line but my Raptor has 2 separate black tank flushes, one in conv center and the second one on door side of the RV. I also have 2 separate dump locations too so that could be the difference.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #20
lonewolftx

Wink Our setup. . .

Our 2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 has 2 black tanks & 2 gray tanks. 1st black tank handles master bath toilet, 44 gals, 2nd black tank takes garage toilet & sink, as well as washer/dryer drain. All 3 into another 44 gal tank. The 1st grey tank takes Master shower & sink, 44 gals and the 2nd grey takes kitchen sink only, another 44 gals. Each tank has its own sewer line drain pull. Ours was labeled on driver side of rig showing each pull location.
I was told by the keystone CS Techs the black tank flush system only works on the master bath black tank. In using it the rear black tank doesn’t fill up when I use it so it seems to be true.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote