Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
cobalert

Blizzard Package

I have the Fuzion Chrome 404 with the Blizzard Package. I cannot find a lot of info on the function of the heaters. Do they turn on automatically or do I have to manually turn them on? I'm still combing through the owners manual and of course not much there. Thanks
cobalert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
GaryWT

If you run a search on this site you might find some info. What heaters are you looking for info on. Did the package say that there are heaters? Most winter packages that I know of just blow a little hot/warm air under the floor when the furnance is running to heat the trailer. If your set up is different, let us know.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You can download the 2014 Fuzion brochure here: http://www.keystonerv.com/brochure-archive

On page 9, it explains the Blizzard Package as ducted heat to the garage and passthrough, "radiant foil" insulation in the floor and roof, around the holding tanks, in the nosecap and in the slides. It does not state anything about the "holding tank heater pads". They are apparently not a part of the Blizzard Package, but are a separate option, listed on page 11 under "Options".

So, you may or may not have heater pads installed. There is a "build sheet" that is a multi sheet form which should have been included in your owner's packet. The owner's copy is usually yellow. It will list all your appliances, tires, axles, optional equipment by model and serial number. If you have holding tank heater pads, they would be listed on that form.

If you are sure you have them, there should be a switch on the "control panel" where the slide switches, holding tank monitor panel, hot water heater control is located. It is likely only one switch for all the pads, and would likely be identified as "HEAT" or "HOLDING TANKS". If you aren't sure if there are pads installed, you may not e able to locate the switch because you don't have that option.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
geo

On the Fuzion brochure, the Blizzard Package is posted:

" - Ducted heat into underbelly and storage compartment
- Ducted heat into garage
- Vented attic
- Highest insulation volumes in its class"

In the attached jpg you will see the package is described as having R-31 Radiant Foil - which probably translates to the small bubble aluminum wrap. In fact, you will probably find a fair description of the "Blizzard Package" in one of the older posts:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4784

If you remove maybe three of the self-tapping screws holding the coroplast, it will drop enough for you to peek inside with a flashlight. That one look will answer most all your questions.

The ducted heat of the Blizzard package is most likely the 2.5" duct off the furnace that has T's located at the valves of the tanks. If the furnace is running (ie, propane furnace), then warmed air is being pushed into the underbelly. If you are saving propane by using stand-alone electric heaters, the underbelly will freeze. Even at that, with only a 2.5" duct servicing the whole of the underbelly and tank area, I would tend to doubt if the Blizzard Package would suffice in a blizzard.

You might want to take a look at this post:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19807

Regards,
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuzion.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	7435  
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch