Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Whitewolf

Product Review

Didn't know where to put this or who to ask about it, but what about a section for aftermarket product reviews? There was a section for this on another RV website I used to frequent and it helped me a lot. Depending on the product it would generate some good dialog. I saw things from floor mats for your truck(I did that) to patio mats to fishing poles. With a 'positive', 'neutral' or 'negative' in the heading of each post. As I said, very helpful.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Bluewater

Good idea...I'm sold.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

On the "outside" it sounds like something useful. Whitewolf, how was it arranged on "that other forum" ? I can envision the search problems if products are simply placed "willy-nilly" one after another, and trying to build a forum category for different product types or brands would have some "very large" categories and some with "never an entry".

It would be nearly impossible 3 or 4 months from now to find an item that someone has already reviewed, and if a second or third member decides to review the same (or a similar item) and starts a new thread, it would quickly become an "unmanaged mess" if someone were trying to find reviews on something they were considering.

How was the posting managed "over there" ?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Whitewolf

Here's the link. Hope this helps.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f102/

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
Old 07-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Desert185

I vote positive on this forum feature. It has already provided valuable info on planned purchase items.

Whitewolf.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
gearhead

I vote for giving it a try.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Based on the Forest River forum, it appears to be a unorganized list of all sorts of RV products which are not categorized in any way . If I wanted to find user reviews of product X, how would I search it out?
The way it is formatted and set up, I'd have to go through pages and pages of reviews on a variety of items until I found what I was looking for. It is not user friendly or efficient and would involve way too much time to find anything.
Maybe I am missing something but it's not something I'd recommend for implementation here. It's just too cumbersome.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #8
Williston324

I like it too!

As for being too cumbersome, the Forest River thread is only five pages long and goes back seven years - only takes a few clicks to go through all the posts. No different, in fact easier than going through the 58 pages on our Mods and Upgrades thread.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Whitewolf

Just like any forum, if it be '5th wheel', 'Towing', 'Tow Vehicle' or anything else, I just start perusing. If a title strikes my fancy, I look at it.

The same goes for the product review section over there. If I was particularly interested in a product, but didn't see it on the first page, I simply did an advanced search for it. Type in the keyword and what forum you want to search in. In this case, keyword - Weathertech, forum - Product Reviews. Try it and you'll see what I think of Weathertech. And what others think of them too. I may say why I liked them for my Ram. Someone else may dislike them for their Chevy. Someone else might like Huskie better, and why. It provided another place for discussion. This time on products many of us use.

The advanced search feature is exactly the same for the two sites. It wouldn't be any different than looking for Weathertech in the Tow Vehicle forum.

All we need is the forum.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
Williston324

So what happens now?
Old 07-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

Williston -
I have sent a PM to you and the 4 other members who expressed an interest in adding this new category.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
Steve S

K I think it's not a bad idea but don't we already have this when people post up about what they've installed and what they like about what they've bought?
Also some will ask questions about things like LED's and everyone will voice their opinions for all to see.
Maybe I'm wrong here and may not understand how it works on other forums but I find the search button brings up a lot of info on things that I'm interested in.
Also isn't this a lot of extra work for the moderators?
Just thinking that's all.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Williston -
I have sent a PM to you and the 4 other members who expressed an interest in adding this new category.
Whitewolf, gearhead, Williston324, Blluewater and Desert185:

As a follow-up to the Product Review forum addition proposal, the Moderators have reviewed and discussed it and have decided that the proposal, as outlined and after looking at the Forest River model, that we would not recommend its implementation at this time. However, it may be looked at again if it is resubmitted at some point in the future.
We thank you for your suggestion.