Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
AlbertaRvMan

Portable picnic table

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can recommend a good quality picnic table that can fit four adults (play cards, eat etc...). I've searched amazon and overall the reviews mention poor construction, cheap quality.

I'd pay more $ for a heavy duty quality table' but I just can't find one.

It's important to me that the table can be folded up and fit in the under storage of my 31 bhpr trailer.

I'd also be open to a table with separate benches (detached)

I appreciate the feedback.
AlbertaRvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

We have a table with a slat top that rolls up and fits inside the two bench halves that then connect together to form a "suitcase" for storage. total "packed up size" is about 10'x10"x48". Open, the table is about 24"x48" and the benches are about 10"x48". It's OK, but not great. The reason I say that is because it's pretty much limited to being used when eating or when playing a game, otherwise, the benches aren't real comfortable and they do tend to fall over if you're not careful.

What we finally decided to take with us is a good aluminum rollup table that's 36" square and 4 good folding lawn chairs. The setup can be used for meals, is much more comfortable when relaxing with cards or a game and then can be dragged somewhere else without having to move the entire set. It's much easier to pick up a chair and go sit by the fire or move it away from the table to clean things up. The picnic bench set, I think, is kind of limited in when it can be used and isn't comfortable to sit on for any length of time. Ours sits in the corner of the barn on a shelf and seldom even gets pulled out. We much prefer the lawn chairs and a separate table.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Have you looked at the Cabelas folding aluminum picnic table? I don't have one personally, but have seen them around and they appear to be pretty nice.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
AlbertaRvMan

Still looking

It seems like the fold up picnic tables with attached chairs / suitcase style generally get poor reviews on quality of construction.

I'd happily pay more for a stronger table but they don't seem to make them with a portable design.

I'm thinking I will just need to get a seperate table and lawn chairs.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

That's the way it worked out for us. We've had probably 8 or 10 of the suitcase tables with built in benches/seats. They either broke,twisted, bent or otherwise just became a pain to use. Even the one we've got now isn't comfortable to sit on and if you get a couple of kids on a bench, before supper's over, they're on the ground as the bench falls backwards. We just gave up, got a good quality rollup slat aluminum table and 4 comfortable folding lawn chairs. It works so much better and is a bunch more comfortable. Besides, most campgrounds have a picnic table at every site.

I think the suitcase tables are a good idea, but so far, I haven't found one that will last and that we look forward to sitting on for any length of time.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
fibromob

this is the one i have and like ,from Canadian tire was 100$ on special and it is very well built
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Picn...item27e055bfc6
fibromob is offline   Reply With Quote