Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
tafftrooper

newbies from Red Deer Alberta

Hi guys, just a quick intro Arwel & Wendy here from Red Deer Alberta purchased a Vantage 2012 32fsl last week and took it out for our first ever TT trip long weekend talk about a chang e 2yrs ago we were still tenting it beginging of summer had an old rockwood tent trailer and know a proud owner of a Vantage we are the Rookies Rookie of camping so any advise would be more than appriciated . Thanks ps the first trip was fantastic can not wait till next summer .
tafftrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from the other side of the Rockies. Not sure if your particular Vantage is affected but certain models from 2012-2013 were issued a recall regarding the roof seam - both front and rear. The recall was issued by Keystone on March 7, 2013. Are you aware of this recall?

Check out this topic by doing a forum search - type in Vantage recall. If you can't find the thread that deals with the recall, post here.

PS I just checked the recall notice and I see that the 2012 Vantage 32FLS is one that is affected. Best check it out with your dealer - or did he mention anything about it being recalled?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
tafftrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Welcome to the forum from the other side of the Rockies. Not sure if your particular Vantage is affected but certain models from 2012-2013 were issued a recall regarding the roof seam - both front and rear. The recall was issued by Keystone on March 7, 2013. Are you aware of this recall?

Check out this topic by doing a forum search - type in Vantage recall. If you can't find the thread that deals with the recall, post here.

PS I just checked the recall notice and I see that the 2012 Vantage 32FLS is one that is affected. Best check it out with your dealer - or did he mention anything about it being recalled?
thanks Festus no he did not mention the recall but I will call in tomorrow and talk with regaurding it the dealer is only a 10 minute drive from my house .
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Did you read the recall notice from Keystone? Might be worthwhile to run it off and have it with you as a reference when talking to the dealer. I think you can also go to the Keystone website and see the recall there. (www.keystonerv.com)

If your dealer doesn't know about any such recall, he should find out! What is it with him that he would sell you an RV that has a recall on it and not tell you??????
Old 09-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
tafftrooper

recall

Hi Festus had a word with the dealership regaurding the recalls and they emailed me the notice and when the work was done by them they were very quick replying probably a cpl hrs and the email was back with the attachment of the notice and a copy of the date of when the work was carried out .
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

Glad to hear that things went well with the recall and that the dealer has assured you that the recall and subsequent repair to the Vantage cap/seal has been successfully carried out.

I would have thought, however, that the dealer should have informed you that there was a recall and that they competed the necessary repair. It seems best that you would have been told by them rather than finding out about it here on the forum.