Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
jimbob

Keystone Service Advisory #10-143

I just received a Keystone Service Advisory #10-143.

Some vehicles may have been built with the air conditioner duct collar installed incorrectly on the 2nd A/C, which may affect performance.

Does anyone know what needs to be repaired. I will do the work myself, since I am a Plumbing & Heating Contractor, and want it done correctly.

I have found way too many problems with my brand new Fuzion. I have been rebuilding it since I brought it home.
* Water leaks
* Roof seal issues (recall)
* Rusted D-ring hold down screws into the frame
* Ceiling fan falling off ceiling (missing screws from fan blades and supports to electrical box)
* Floor duct plenum full of all kinds of trash (4" sheetmetal piece, carpet, vinyl and wood scraps, not to mention all the sawdust that had to have been swept into the registers.
* Electrical connector to waterheater was not plugged in.
* No air flow thru register to garage. Blocked somewhere, I will have to go under and remove the bottom seal to find that problem.
* Shower enclosure is leaking all over the place.
* Pump was leaking and loose.
* Floor registers were installed in holes that had been overcut, causing the floor to be spongy around the registers, I am adding oak blocking all around the registers from the bottom.
* Two loose wall studs in the half wall between the lower and upper level wall.

Keystone Service Advisory #10-143 - Update Information
The rear A/C Unit Duct Collar & Fabric Duct Material wasn't installed properly. They were just stuck down through the ceiling assembly and most of the duct material was cut off. The cold air supply was just getting pulled back through the return to be chilled. This is really hard on condensing units. It just continues to recirculate cool the air and it never gets out or in my case just a little bit was getting into the room. It is an easy fix, if you can get the fabric material, I will just fab up my own duct material, if I were to take it in for repair, hook up to the truck takes more time than fixing it myself.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote