Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Back Country

Talking Keystone 5th Wheel Bunk House models come without carpet in the bunk room?

Can anyone tell me if any of the Keystone 5th Wheel Bunk House models come without carpet in the bunk room? We have looked at the Sprinter Copper Canyon, Laredo, Sydney and Cougar BH models and they all have carpet.
The sales man we talked to stated that they lay the linoleum down from front to back and then put the carpet over it.

I asked if we could order a 5er with no carpet and he said no.

Do I have any options?

I did see another post about carpet and in that one they stated they could cut the carpet out but the you have to deal with holes in the linoleum from the staples.

The reason we don’t want carpet is because of our dogs with the bunkhouse having a slide I know I need some carpet but not sure of a way around my carpet issue.

Thanks for any info.
Back Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
MadMax

Bunk House Carpet

We placed an anti-fatigue foam mat cut to fit over the carpet and just unscrewed the screws in the floor vent to slip the edge under and refasten to hold in place. This leaves a floor that can be easily cleaned when required. we have 3 dogs utilizing our bunkhouse. Because the mat is foam it is extremely light. We haven't had any problems with our dogs chewing it, but I suppose that could be a possibility.
Of course we remove it and roll it up when the slide must come in.
Ours came from Canadian Tire in Canada. I imagine it is also available in the states. Here is the website so it can be viewed:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Don, Pearl, Zack, Magic & Brodie
2008 Cougar 289BHS (33' 5er)
2002 GMC Sierra CC 4WD, Diesel
Hijacker - Slider hitch

Previous RV's
Tent, Hard-top Tent Trailer, Chinook 10.5' Camper, 13' Citation TT, 1976 Diplomat Motor Home
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
poochy

Red face no carpet

try a springdale we had a springdale 282bh 2007 and the bunk room slide out curb side carpet optional we also took bottom bunk mattress out and put 3 dog crates in its place fit perfect butch
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #4
Back Country

Talking anti-fatigue foam mat

@ MadMax thanks for the information! My wife really was bummed when the rep for Keystone told us we couldn’t get linoleum and she didn’t want to cut the carpet and deal with staple holes. I looked at the link you gave and this looks be the fix we need. Thank you very much for the information. I love this forum it has tons of good information!
If you have any pics of the anti-fatigue foam mat I would love to see how it looks in the 5er? If not no big deal.

Again thanks for the info.

Ted & Michele
Old 03-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
Back Country

Thumbs up 2013 Springdale 5ers

@ poochy we looked at the new 2013 Springdale 5ers and none of them have a BH with a slide. I think we will look into what MadMax recommended, if it works for him should work for me.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
MadMax

anti-fatigue mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Country View Post
@ MadMax thanks for the information! My wife really was bummed when the rep for Keystone told us we couldn’t get linoleum and she didn’t want to cut the carpet and deal with staple holes. I looked at the link you gave and this looks be the fix we need. Thank you very much for the information. I love this forum it has tons of good information!
If you have any pics of the anti-fatigue foam mat I would love to see how it looks in the 5er? If not no big deal.

Again thanks for the info.

Ted & Michele
I will be cleaning the room up today and will try to remember to take some pics and send them.
MadMax.

Hijacker - Slider hitch

Previous RV's
Tent, Hard-top Tent Trailer, Chinook 10.5' Camper, 13' Citation TT, 1976 Diplomat Motor Home
Old 03-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
MadMax

bunkhouse rug

Here are some pics of the anti-fatigue rug we put in. If the pictures actually do attach to this - you can see that I have added a gate in the doorway as well as a plate screwed through to the floor near one wall (to keep carpet from rolling up). I also share this room with the critters. I utilize the Entertainment Unit for my computer equipment.
Sorry, not having any luck putting the pics on here. I will try to send them PM to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01983.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	2599  

Hijacker - Slider hitch

Previous RV's
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Cougar 28

We bought the 2013. 28rdb and there is no carpet except the bedroom upstairs. We liked the big beds over the little bunks and the fact that we can see what the kids are up to....
Cougar 28 is offline   Reply With Quote