Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Smile 2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD

First some history..We used to have a older Tent trailer, then we moved to a older TT . For 5 years or more we have just slept in cabins with the dream of buying a new trailer with all of our wants or needs. After three years of searching, we finally found the one we really like.
2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
Now we are super pumped and trying to learn lots..This is our first 5th wheel so we have tons to learn
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
danimal

Congratulations! We moved from a TT to a 5th wheel and never looked back. Our travel trailer was very enjoyable but for me and the wife, the 5th wheel works so much better. For us, it is easier to hitch, much better towing, more efficient and effective use of space in the same length, and it gave me a solid reason to buy another truck (win-win-win)! Overall trailer length was our limiting factor as we have a small yard for storage.

This is a great site with alot of very helpful people who have information, insights and hints from real world, hands on experience. Most are not just guessing. Sounds like you have some solid experience so you will not have any problems.

Have fun in your new trailer and safe in your travels. Getting to where your going is part of the traveling adventure.
2005 Keystone Hornet 245RKS
2008 Gulf Stream Trailmaster M220
Cobia 220 Walkaround w/Yamaha 200 OX-66 Fuel injection
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Thanks for the welcome. I have tons of questions I will be reading about. I am interested in what is the best way to use the lower storage area. Upfront ad main compartment. Trying to get idea's on how to carry hose's, electrical cords, etc
Old 09-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
dvn/ajn

Congats on the new 5r. We have the same unit which we got about 1.5 months ago. We are still working with it. Do a search for my posts were I have discussed a few items we have done. Good luck with the new rig and enjoy.
Don

PS
We put our hoses in a r'maid or sterilite container and store in the basement on the driver side . NeWe put our cord in the little storage box on the back right side above the water heater.
16K SuperGlide
dvn/ajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

On the road again ---
When you have a question to ask, just find the most appropriate category and post your query there. Welcome to the group - we're here to help you out.

Isn't your handle the title of TV program and song that appeared on CBC television?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
mom2budnbug

We just got out first TT. I keep hearing that we will someday have a 5er. Seems to be the norm for most.
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
On the road again ---
When you have a question to ask, just find the most appropriate category and post your query there. Welcome to the group - we're here to help you out.

Isn't your handle the title of TV program and song that appeared on CBC television?
YUP, Willie Nelson, Songwriter "extraordinaire" and purveyor of "Willie's Bio-diesel"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
R JOURNY

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN View Post
First some history..We used to have a older Tent trailer, then we moved to a older TT . For 5 years or more we have just slept in cabins with the dream of buying a new trailer with all of our wants or needs. After three years of searching, we finally found the one we really like.
2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
Now we are super pumped and trying to learn lots..This is our first 5th wheel so we have tons to learn
This sounds just like my wife and I, except for the cabins.
But we are getting the 2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD!

2013 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4
SRW Crew Cab LOADED
6.7 Cummins DieseL 3:73
R JOURNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn/ajn View Post
Congats on the new 5r. We have the same unit which we got about 1.5 months ago. We are still working with it. Do a search for my posts were I have discussed a few items we have done. Good luck with the new rig and enjoy.
Don

PS
We put our hoses in a r'maid or sterilite container and store in the basement on the driver side . NeWe put our cord in the little storage box on the back right side above the water heater.
That is a great idea to store things.. I was wondering what I was going to put in that back little cubby hole..thanks
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Yes it was a show on tv and a song..guess my age is showing hahaha
Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
mcandsim

congrats on yor new purchase
mcandsim is offline   Reply With Quote