Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Fireman640

slide out roof

2010 Sprinter has anyone had a issue where the slide out roof pulls away from the chaulking i rechaulked but noticed a wet spot in corner it must be comming in the wall because the only thing that gets wet is the floor so i will make sure i cover that seam again might even buy some of that seam tape i saw that has to be where water comming in from
Fireman640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Fireman640

Well update

i rechaulked the window because i thought it was comming in there but now i think it might be running down the side of wall and underneath somehow seeping in because i did a water test on roof nothing but then i did windows nothing then did roof again then saw the floor geeting wet but as i said every test i did the water was running down the side and going under the slide it has a black plactic cover on it but wondered if any has ever had that spot let water seep in i will cover it with tape and seal the edge just to see if that helps
Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
therink

I had a leak in one of my slide outs at one time. Turned out water was running down the slide out end then in through a pinhole in the caulk seam along the lower drip edge molding. I caught it quickly and made the repair before any damage occurred.
You may want to take a close look at the molding strips.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Fireman640

True

That is what i think was happening water was running down the slideout wall outside and on bottom of slide out was getting in somehow causing the floor to be damp i chaulked all that the other day and we had rain in the morning that eveining went up to check it was dry as a cork so hopfully i got it i thought everything from roof to windows then it ends up being the bottom