Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
EarsMarie

Question Slider Covers???

We have not used our 2013 Premier Ultra Lite 29RTPR and one of the slides in the dining area is leaking. Just noticed the wet rug yesterday. Only half of the slide area seems to be wet. Can half of a slider leak????
Taking back to dealer Monday.

Does anyone have the slide covers? The dealer recommended them, but of course, not for leaks, for keeping leaves and sticks out of the slide.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

2013 Premier 29RTPR
1998 Ford F-150 Lariat
Doug, Donna, Xander Zone, Kandy Korn, and Miss Matt, the cat
EarsMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
DJ85

This was our first mod to the camper. I don't think I would have a camper without them. They do have some disadvanges so they are not perfect, but some member have found fixes for the noise they make in the wind. My opinion put them on you will be more then happy you did.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
theleonards

Any suggestions and brand and where to buy them?
I've looked at a few online but I was discouraged by the cost difference and not knowing the difference in brands and materials.
I have a dinette slide out on my Bullet 230BHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ85 View Post
This was our first mod to the camper. I don't think I would have a camper without them. They do have some disadvanges so they are not perfect, but some member have found fixes for the noise they make in the wind. My opinion put them on you will be more then happy you did.
theleonards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #4
DJ85

No, I don't have any information on my slider covers. Sorry it was a deal we worked out with the dealer when we bought the camper. I can take a look and see what brand they installed if it will help you.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
SteveC7010

We put the toppers on the 3 larger slides on the Cougar. The linen closet in the bathroom is the 4th slide and only comes out a foot so we didn't do that one for now.

We think they are great. The ones on the two long slides (14' or so) need the pillows underneath them to keep water from puddling in the fabric.

If you get the toppers long enough, they'll keep 99% of the water from ever reaching the top of the slide.

Our dealer had a special going: $500 per slide installed, regardless of size. The toppers for the two big slides are almost $450 each before installation so we think we made out pretty we.

There's only a couple of brands out there. Whatever your dealer carries may be a good choice because they're local and you can get service and parts readily if needed later on.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote