Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
TractorPole

Front wall leak

In August we bought a used 2017 Bullet 272BHSWE
2 issues so far
Issue 1:the slide put leaked because of the seal having debris under it when it closed. I installed a Solara slide topper this week and I has resolved that issue.

Issue 2: this morning I went out to check on the slide out seal and noticed water coming in through the outlet on the front wall. We have received about 2 inches of rain in the past 12 hours. Looking in the pass through there are no water damage stains on the plywood and no staining on the interior wall panels so I am assuming that this a new issue. As far as I cN tell the roof liner to front wall leveling compound sealant is not cracked or lifting anywhere (although i inspected it in heavy rain) i checked thr sealant around the clearance light and found noe missing, there is one small void in the wall to corner molding silicone sealant. Not sure if it has been missing since new or recently.

Do you guys repair that sealant as a matter of yearly maintenance?
I guess I should inspect all of the sealant and make repairs as necessary.
Any insight from someone that has had a similar issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben
TractorPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Ben, Not sure what an "outlet on the front wall" means. Perhaps a picture of the location might better pinpoint the area where you are seeing issues. As far as maintaining the trailer, you should inspect and seat the roof and side walls probably every three to six months. You will use Dicor self leveling sealant on the horizontal roof surfaces and Dicor non self leveling on the appropriate sidewall areas. Self leveling spreads and seals and non self leveling is used on vertical surfaces because it doesn't run; especially when warm.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
LHaven

Annual inspection of all the roof area caulking is a must. On mine, I discovered I should have inspected it at purchase because there were significant enough voids that the factory hadn't even filled. Fortunately, rain isn't a big issue in desert Arizona compared with most other places.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
TractorPole

Wiredgeorge, I was referring to the electrical outlet on the front interior wall under the closet next to the bed. I am away from the house at the moment but I will post a picture when I get home.

And the front of the roof looks fine (nothing like the voids in your roof seal LHaven)
IG: @bumbletheraptor
Old 10-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Are there windows above the electrical outlet? That would be a point of water ingress as well the the sidewall to roof seam. You really have to get up on a ladder to see this area well.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #6
Logan X

I check and reseal, as needed, all of the roof seams at least every three months. The other seals I usually check when I wash and wax the trailer, which is about twice a year.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #7
TractorPole

I found a 6 inch portion of the clear corner front wall sealant that was lifting away from the trim. removed it and cleaned and reapplied some sealant I got form Camping World.
I also cleaned and inspected the corner of the roof sealant and found nothing out of the ordinary.
The area was about 4 inches below the clearance light and six inches long on the corner trim. I will have to wait and see it this was the correct spot.

IG: @bumbletheraptor
Old 10-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
TractorPole

Update:

the area I fixed did the trick. all dry inside for now

on the next dry day I will do a more thorough inspection of all the seal areas
Old 10-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Send us here in the TX Hill Country some of that rain! Glad you got this issue sorted. Get up on that roof and reseal as well as sidewalls regularly; guess I likely didn't need to mention this...

Tags
leak