Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2019, 09:39 AM   #1
Apalinto

Smile KEY TV System Cougar 315RLS

Greetings to the group. Our 5th wheel has the Keystone exclusive KEY TV system which I believe is a Home-run wiring system with incorporated antenna booster. For this post, I am having the same issue with both "Over the Air" Antenna and "Park Cable" feeds. TV in the living room and bedroom work excellent, but when a TV is hooked up the the basement TV outlet the signal is extremely weak and grainy, almost to the point where you can't make out what's on the screen. I have tried this using both the bedroom TV and a third TV I own for camping with the same result. For test purposes, I ran a coax cable from the "Park Cable" directly to the third TV and the signal was excellent, so the problem is in the wiring of the trailer. Has anyone in the group experienced this before? I prefer to handle this on my own if you know what I mean. Not super confident with my dealer touching my wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-13_KeyTV.jpg
Views:	3189
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	24048  
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
T4Bama

You’re lucky. Nothing on mine works. And keystone offers nothing
T4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Bama View Post
You’re lucky. Nothing on mine works. And keystone offers nothing
What is your dealer saying? He is the first person that needs to be running interference with your issue.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
T4Bama

That they simply no nothing about the System. Starting over tomorrow but I don’t expect anything new.
T4Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #5
GeekSquadOfUn

There are only a few screws on the KeyTV panel.

Take the panel off. Look to see if it is wired properly ?

Possible that it's not even connected. From the diagram, looks like it should be connection 3 or 4.

Good luck.

That reminds me I should do the same - I have not tried the basement connection yet... even though I plan on using it for streaming mostly.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #6
Apalinto

Thanks GeekSquadofUn. You're right, it can't hurt to do some checking around. I really like that the need for splitters and AB boxes have been eliminated. Still not sure how the KeyTV system knows the difference between two sources on one connection. I just want everything to work as intended. I am currently not using a satellite TV service, but that appears to be running on it's own circuit on KeyTV. I do have a King Quest dome dish I can try as well, perhaps for next year. I have to say that I love the layout of the 315RLS and I particularly like the TVs that were provided.
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar