Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
rfloyd

GFI Problems

I'm having issues with the GCFI located in the bathroom. I would like to know what is plugged into this circuit? I have a 2018 Keystone Outback 29UBH. I have uplugged the outside refrigerator, replaced the GCFI plug and it still trips. I've checked wiring in all the plugs and found no problems. Something is plugged into this circuit that is tripping the GCFI. Haven't been in any rain, no moisture around any of the receptacles. My plan is to disconnect everything that is in the circuit until I find the problem. Is the refrigerator connected? I don't think so because when I turn it off the GCFI still trips. The circuit is on a 15 amp breaker and the breaker has not tripped. Thanks for your help.
rfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Breaker will trip if there is a voltage issue. The GFCI will trip if there is water or moisture or the GFCI outlet is bad or defective. Look at your breaker panel and check voltage coming off the breaker marked GFCI if you can get to it. If voltage is good, you can replace the GFCI with another. I do keep a spare on hand and the RV GFCI will be more shallow than a home unit. It has blades inside and not wire terminal screws. Buy a spare and then try this and if it still trips, find out which outlet coming off the GFCI circuit is causing the trip; the outside outlet regardless of rain would be a likely culprit. I am pretty sure almost all 110 outlets in your trailer are part of the GFCI unless they are on a dedicated circuit like my television outlet (can't figure this) but all, especially in wet areas will be GFCI like near the bathroom and kitchen areas.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally15 View Post
Unlike most houses, these multiple GFI's are on the same circuit. If the bathroom still won't reset, the ground fault is likely somewhere downstream of the bathroom (away from the kitchen GFI's).
Guess my house is different

GFI circuit is my 2 outside plugs and my 2 bathroom plugs. I've had the bathroom go out because of a big rainstorm (sideways rain) getting to my front outside plug.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote