Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
mapleman3

Maiden Voyage

Well we take the new TT out on its maiden Voyage tonight ....a nice weekend at an off season camp area....dry camping almost boondocking.
Wish us luck its about a 2 hour drive along the western part of the mass pike..so plenty of hills to see how the TV does.
Its supposed to get cool at night and maybe some rain by Sunday so we will be running everything.

Hopefully we do better than when we camped in the yard and the converter died.

Update as we go if we have cell service.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
mapleman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
christopherglenn

Our Maiden Voyage was last year - to a resort 1/2 mile from Disneyland. Found out the main AC didn't work.
2013 Yamaha 242LS
2010 GMC Yukon The Bus
2005 Chevrolet 2500 CC/SB Duramax 4X4 Hers (sold)
2006 Jayco Jay Flight 31BHS (sold)
christopherglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Englishman

Have great trip. And hopefully the weather is going to stay dry for you.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Ron

Im sure Mapleman you will have great time and hopefully the weather holds. Let us know how the trip is going if you have cell service, if not when you get home, Enjoy Happy Campin.............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
laidback

Mapleman, where are you going over in western Ma. Will be up that way in a few weeks.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
mapleman3

We are sitting here in Beartown state forest in Monterey...near Great Barrington.....after a few wrong roads and wrong place we made it

TV got the workout of its life...very hilly roads getting here....wouldn't have been bad if my smart (dumb now)phone gps didn't send us to the wrong town same address haha....too bad too it was a beautiful spot on the persons front lawn haha even deer there when we pulled up .

Otherwise we are here boondocking in the state forest...a few night fisherman on the lake but that's it

TT was easy to set up and only a bit of side leveling. My sons did the stabilizers..we are still hooked to the TV since its not moving for a few days.

Sitting outside eating my wifes homemade apple pie listening to the owls.....I'm in heaven folks...pictures tomorrow ...

Jim and Charlene
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
mapleman3

Here we are settled in.

edit...after looking at this on the computer (I uploaded from phone) I was going to put a space between the pictures...but what fun would that be....haha

A very happy
Jim and Charlene
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Ron

Jim looks like a very nice quite location for your family outing but just wondering what happened to the front of your pickup, I realize that this time of year the critters don't have much to eat so maybe they been naughing on the front and you better watch out maybe they will work there way to the back and on. Have fun be safe and especially be alert. Happy Campin..........Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
rjsurfer

Those panoramic pictures shot from a cell phone can give you some weird shots once and awhile.

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I at first thought, "wow, there's another camper and truck exactly like his," Then I realized that it's two pix side by side LOL Anyway, after that, I'd have to say you found a pretty darned nice place to try out the new camper. One bit of advice though, If I were you, I'd at least unplug the electric plug from the truck to the trailer. Over the course of a couple of days, you could draw down your TV battery and wind up spending another night beyond when you planned to go home !!!!!

Our trailer is still in storage, so I'd have to say "I'm green" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
mapleman3

Now that's too funny... I posted that from my phone and they did appear side by side... too cool, I will fix that.

Yes I had unplugged the TV to TT cord, figured thats what would happen if I did leave it in.

We went all weekend using the pump, lights stereo and whatever else, I did use the fridge , hot water and heat on propane, when we got home I still had 3/4 on the batteries.... sure glad I added the second 12v...

all in all it was a great weekend, everything went relatively smooth, a few mishaps but nothing bad...

I started a blog and will post it in my signature soon... as I add to it.... somewhat humorous

Jim and Charlene