Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
twvette

LCI Level Up hydraulics leaking?

I got the "popping" coming from my jacks so I did the Caterpillar fluid additive per the LCI recommendations discussed in other related posts have seen. It seems to have helped a bit but still getting pops when it cools down early in the night. It does it every night basically so after a couple weeks my front jacks are lower an inch or two. I would think its a leak but seems would expect it to leak more during day when the fluid expands. Before it would pop night and day but still mostly night. This is first time I have had it an an RV park rather than just in storage to notice this and also not sure what to expect in general from these jacks sitting long term. My fronts did have to be in the upper part of travel to level in my spot so I tried adding leveling blocks to get closer to mid stroke and no real change. I don't see any obvious leaking hoses, etc. Sound like a leak? How to troubleshoot this as I suspect difficult as its gotta be really small if so?
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
ChuckS

I’m betting it’s not leaking at all. I’d hook up to truck and cycle the landing gear several times up and down. Pausing after one extend retract cycle to let pump motor cool down

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

twvette,

Not sure if you have seen the LCI trouble sheet on popping hydraulics or not. You can download it here: https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0295.pdf

Notice the NOTE at the bottom of the first page: "NOTE: If the noise persists, the addition of a second quart may be necessary. Follow steps 1 through 6."

You may just need to add another quart of "anti-stiction oil".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
roadglide

I would look for external check valve first inline . The control valve has spool inside with o rings there maybe pressure setting for the hydrologic .I have never seen your system but I know hydrologic. I would change oil , maybe try cycling it like mentioned if there was air it would shudder.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #5
twvette

Thanks everyone. I did find a bit of moisture around some of the fittings now on the front ones which is also the only ones I seem to get the popping from and change in height. It was primarily the fittings at the top of the legs (manifolds etc. were dry on the control side). One was almost wet but not to the point of dripping. Snugged everything up and several were not really tight especially the obviously wet one. Checked the middle and rear legs and they were all dry but still a couple were slightly loose. I guess I might just be coincidence that that the fronts loosened on my way home from last long trip after doing the additive fluid. Will get some more cycles in and keep a close eye around the fittings for moisture. Does this specific system usually stay bone dry or are they likely to sweat and still see some moisture from other peoples experiences?
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
ChuckS

My six point hydraulic system is now in its 5th season. As suggested remove another quart of hydraulic fluid sand replace with anti stiction fluid. Then cycle landing gear AND slides to mix in the fluid.

I hear an occasional pop sound when mine sits for extended periods such as during winter months... usually in morning when sun comes up and starts warming up th fiver.

However. My level never changes even when it sits from late Nov thru April at home. I do have wood blocks under the pads and have 4 inches of thickness of wood for each leg.

The less extension the hydraulic legs are out the more stable the rig is.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak