Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
Bohdan

Newbie Here!

Picked up my first RV New to me Fuzion M398 2010 model. So I have so many questions and they are probably dumb. Tried to understand the recharging of the batteries. If the coach is plugged into a service, are the batteries being charged? I hear some stories that the generator doesn't charge the batteries too. So the only way to charge them is through a utility service? I thought the generator is an option for the utility service. Either or. Also, how does one know when the batteries do need charging. Mighty obliged.
Bohdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
tacoma238ml

Yes your batteries will charge while plugged into shore power or generator ,since your lighting and things like power awning ,bath fan and so on run on 12 volts your power converter will charge your batteries also you can check your battery charge at your monitor panel
tacoma238ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Canonman

Welcome!
Will try to help but not too familiar with the Fuzion. Usually the Generator will exactly replace what connecting to "shore" or commercial power does. Your on board converter will charge the batteries whenever shore, commercial or generator power are applied to the coach. You should have a "Convenience Center" in the living area of the coach. There are lights there that can tell you the charge level of the batteries i.e. full, 2/3, 1/2, or 1/3. Same with your fresh water, grey and black water tanks as well. Not super accurate but good enough for a relative reading.
Note, when connected to commercial power, the battery reading will always be Full if the converter is charging.
Hope this helps.
Happy Camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capitol Reef Sunset (3 of 7).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	16932  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
tacoma238ml

Yes when plugged into shore power ,connected to tow vehicle or generator certain things run on 12 volts like your lights ,bath fan and so on which your power converter while plugged into shore power or generator or when plugged into your tow vehicle also maintains batteries your ac ,microwave ,tv run on 120 volts which will not run unless plugged into shore power or running your generator
tacoma238ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #5
Bohdan

Thank you gentlemen. There is so much to learn on this beast. Good to know about part one. Need juice to do sliders, jacks, etc. so ome doesn't; get stranded. I have to look at my monitor panel again. I know I have a fuel gauge for the generator. I will look closely to see if I have a charge indicator. Mighty obliged.
Bohdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags