Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Mosnowman

Gray Water Extension Handle Broke....

.....on my 2011 278rls Bullet. The handle has the possibility of screwing it back on but with only a very short amount of threaded area left. The metal threaded extension part is what broke. I would prefer to replace the extension handle to avoid any bigger problems and was wondering where to find a replacement?
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
.....on my 2011 278rls Bullet. The handle has the possibility of screwing it back on but with only a very short amount of threaded area left. The metal threaded extension part is what broke. I would prefer to replace the extension handle to avoid any bigger problems and was wondering where to find a replacement?
I had something similar happen, posted about it on this site weeks ago. I think you should give it a try. Buy a piece of threaded rod 1/4" and use as much as you can to thread into the waste gate and the broken piece. If it was like mine, the existing rod is hollow but threaded. It should be strong enough, worth the few bucks for the threaded rod to try.. Hardware store home depot will carry it.. Take the broken piece with you to get the right fit. Good luck!

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
anthonbloom

Easy fix

I also broke one almost flush with the opening and fixed it with a piece of threaded rod. Mine broke when I put something heavy on the shelf where the valve handles are and it slid along during a road trip and broke the cheap white metal tube. 5th wheeler since '03, on my fourth rig, third tow vehicle and still climbing the leaning curve! Remember - " If it can go wrong, it will, and at the most inconvenient moment!"
anthonbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
haffcke

dump extension rod

the rods are available at camping supplies, come in different lengths 6", 9", ect. probably have to order, about 10 bucks. Phil
haffcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
hankaye

Mosnowman, Howdy;

The rod they use (if I remember correctly), is 1/4"X20. You can buy
some all-thread at your local Hardware store for a lot less. some 1/4" ID
aluminun tubing and a "stopper" nut will work if you cut them to fit your needs.
You can also go to;

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

and see what they have to help.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote