Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
havnfun

Another Satellite TV question

I have a 2011 keystone cougar 318 sab. The antenna booster is in the bedroom along with the double imput cable connecters with a pig tail connected to both. I can get sat tv hook up directly from the dish to the living room tv running through the door but when I hook up the dish to the connecter outside no sat tv. I know the antenna amp kills the sat tv and will not let it pass. Is there a way to work it where if you hook the dish cable to the outside plug that is sat ready and be able to get sat in the living room and bedroom with the reciever in living room without having to re run a RG-6 cable through the whole trailer. or having to mount another outlet. Of course the dealership said oh no its ready for satellite just plug and watch well that isn't the case. Everything i have seen on here the amp plug for the roof antenna should have been mounted in the living room and its not just one outlet is mounted in the living room. Thanks for any help were are in the trailer now trying to get all figured out.....
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
havnfun

ok went into the bed room and removed the antenna booster plate and found it was wired wrong did some messing around and connected one of the white cables to the dual outlet plate in the bedroom and got satellite in the living room were the reciever is. But not signal to the bedroom so it looks like we will have to have 2 receivers to be able to get sat in both rooms. The antenna amp plug should have been in the living room where the main tv is along with the dual outlet with the pigtail connected so you can get signal back into the bedroom so you don't have to have another receiver.....Headache headache.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
LarryL

Hi havnfun my 5ver has that same setup in the bedroom with sat reciever
hookup.and outside sat input.
I was at a CG and could not get sat in the living room the dealer told me
sure you can because the cable comes from the bedroom to the livingroom
all you have to do, now this is the funny part is put the reciever in the bedroom leave the door open from the bedroom and while in the livingroom
point the remote at the reciever I could only just laugh at him.
I called a cable guy out and he disconected the antenna,so cable runs
to livingroom and I hook up my sat to outside and it goes to tv in livingroom. So no antenna now and we don't have a tv in the bedroom had one in another trailer we had never used it.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
havnfun

at LarryL it is a joke the way it is all wired up. This is the third trailer we have owned an never had the problem hookin up the satellite to where the receiver is in the living room and you have sat tv in both rooms. This trailer is all messed up as far as the wiring for satellite. We have troubleshot it and it has come down to having to have 2 receivers, 1 for bedroom an 1 for the living room. Why don't they wire it for satellite and antenna only and skip the cable hook up. I have never used a cable hook up at any campsite that provided it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Outbackmel

Sattelite Hook Up

DISH (and I am sure Direct) has a dual receiver. Works great in our 2011 5er.
We have 3 TV's. The bedroom and the LR can watch different channels at any time. The slide out front bunk house (BR #2) would be watching the same program as the master bedroom or visa versa. The only thing required is to "initially" turn on the bedroom receiver. A dual receiver has "green" and "blue" lights and like marked remotes. They are also numbered; 1 and 2.

Contact your service provider and replace your receiver and presto. fun begins!
Especially CRITICAL during football season
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #6
Ruffus

Thumbs up TV in both rooms

Havinfun, I have DISH and I have a receiver that allows me to watch HD TV in my living area with a remote that uses infra red tech. and regular digital tv in the bedroom and the remote for the bedroom does not need to have a direct site to the receiver. This allows you to watch different channels also.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
slewis95407

Havnfun

This is from a previous post, hope it helps.
My Cougar: The satellite connection goes to the bedroom first (2 coax wall plate 1 water works and 1 to basement outside tv) and the only connection to the entertainment center is thru the powered coax connection (turn off power). The satellite receiver had to go in the bed room. This was ok but not the best reception at the entertainment center. Couldn't get HD to the entertainment center. Also the Cougar didn't have a phone connection.
Solution: Installed a coax and phone connector in one duplex inlet on the slideout behind the intertainment center. Behind the tv in the intertainment center I installed 3 shelves for my vcr, dish receiver and printer. There is about a 1 inch gap below the tv and the shelves. The receiver has to be raised to align the IR port with this gap.

There are pictures in my profile.

The feed to the entertainment center is from the bedroom amplifier connection (turn off amplifier).

I'm using a Dish receiver 722K, HD in Living room and SD in bedroom.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
LarryL

Hi Scott thats a nice park, we have the same 5ver We don't watch tv in the
bedroom or outside,like to watch tv in the morning and at night so a cable guy
changed the coax cable in the bedroom to go strait to the living room without
going through the powered coax connection,but when driving the connection
comes lose.
Did you look to see were the sat comes into the trailer goes I was thinking about running a coax cable from there to the entertainment center maybe thats the one that goes to the bedroom and then to the entertainment center goes by that same spot,my trailer is in storage so I can't open up that wall plate just wondering if you have looked behind that plate.