Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
bob48

galley water

i have a 2005 montana 3650rk. recently i found a t handle simiamilar to the waste water handles toward the rear of my camper(unlabeled). could this be for the galley water?if so how much galley water should it hold, and does it drain like the other waste water valves? and i am assuming u might drain it last? any help is appreciated.
Bob
bob48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #2
jsmith948

When we dump, we drain the black tank first, then the galley, then the gray.
We use mesh screens to keep food particles out of the tank, but some food and grease somehow gets in the tank. Draining the gray water last washes any 'chunkies' out of the hose.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Pull Toy

Hi Bob48,

My 3535RE Alpine had an "undocumented" tank for the galley too. Mine wasn't even showing on to the main gate valve, but who knows what's above the plastic belly. I had an extra T handle installed. Now "GRAY 2" reads on the monitor. (I think they originally Siamese'ed the two grey tanks). I'm guessing that, based on usage, it's probably 30 +/- gallons + the tank you already know about.... Good to think about when hauling, or scaling.

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob48 View Post
i have a 2005 montana 3650rk. recently i found a t handle simiamilar to the waste water handles toward the rear of my camper(unlabeled). could this be for the galley water?if so how much galley water should it hold, and does it drain like the other waste water valves? and i am assuming u might drain it last? any help is appreciated.
Bob
Specs are online at Keystone's website going back to 2001. http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-y...tana&year=2005

They spec your rig at 62 gal. of fresh, 38 gal. of black, and 76 of gray. Typically in many, many of the Keystones across all product lines, they use the same 38 gallon tank in 3 three places; black and gray. So 76 gallons of gray water capacity translates into 2 tanks of 38 gallons each; one for the shower/bathroom sink and the other for the galley/kitchen.

Your tank monitor should have buttons for all three tanks.

If you bought the trailer from a dealer, I am very surprised that they did not show you the separate drain valve during the PDI.

If you only have one sewer connection, as others have suggested, drain black then galley, then shower. You are using progressively cleaner (relatively) water to flush the waste drain lines. Frankly, there are already dozens of threads here about the subject and the process. I would encourage you to read some of them to fill in your knowledge on the subject.

If your galley has a separate sewer connection, you can not use it to help clean out the black drain lines. Dump it in whatever sequence you please.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:12 AM   #5
cardinal96ss

Our 2006 3600RK has the same setup and I would agree with the previous posts. That tank shows up on the monitor as "galley".
cardinal96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Newman252

Those of you with the extra galley tank, how are you hooking up to a sewer connection? Are you connecting just the bathroom gray tank and the black tank and leaving the galley tank unconnected until a dump is needed or are you using 3 seperate hoses with two running to a "Y" then to the sewer hookup? I'm just trying to decide if I should actually buy 3 sections of hose and at what lengths. I just brought home my Cougar 28RBS that has the two drain valves. Front one is a galley tank and then a gray and black to the rear. Thoughts?
Newman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Back when I had my Jayco, it had two separate outlets. I used one hose and just moved it when I needed to dump the galley. But then I was a cheap skate too.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
Pmedic4

At least you found the handle

Posted about this before, but still is my 'DUH' moment.

We have been out several times with our 5ver, and never really had a problem using it, but about the third trip, my wife said the kitchen sink wasn't draining. I crawl

all around under the RV to look for another handle, and can't find anything other than the 2 very obvious ones, one black tank and one gray tank, so assume they've used a single valve for the two tanks. To make it more confusing, my wife even said when I drained water in the shower, more water backed up in the sink, so obviously their connected, right?! Go to dump, and the Gallery gray tank shows it still full. Finally find the other handle, which is right on the black frame member, and it's the same small black handle and blends in with the frame. After this epic search, right there on side of the RV, is a small label - 'Gray Water drain', matching the other for the visible black and gray valves.

Movie time - 'RV' with Robin Williams is rerun.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Larry1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob48 View Post
Bob
My 2005 Sydney has a separate galley gray tank with a handle to control the valve by the tires. I use it just like the shower gray water to help flush the drain line after I have drained and rinsed the blank water tank. Keystone plumbed it into the the same 3" drain for the front two tanks (shower gray and black tanks).

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote