Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
koup

service issues with the dealer

We bought our 2014 Alpine 3010RE a year ago and have had it back to the dealer, Toy Hauler Liquidators, in Rocklin, Ca twice. The first time they told us to pick it up without all the work done as we were leaving for Arizona for a two month trip. The rig was pulled forward with the slides in. My husband hooked up and brought it home, no walk through as he was told it was "ready to go". When we opened the slides we discovered the service tech had failed to secure the recliners with the provided straps before bringing in the slides and moving the rig to where my husband picked it up. Damage was done to both the recliner, rip in leather cover, and scratch to the window frame as well as bent screen. We contacted the dealership immediately and they requested pictures of the damage, which we provided. We took the rig back after our trip to have the work completed that was not done previously, several other issues that were discovered on the trip, and of course the damage that resulted from the lack of securing the recliners. They called to tell us our rig is ready but their GM has decided that the damage to the window and recliner is not their fault. (Even though they previously acknowledged fault) Has anyone had a problem like this occur? Do we have any recourse except to never step foot into that dealership again? Any feedback would be appreciated.
koup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
hankaye

koup, Howdy;

Sorry about your luck, ...

Did you use an electronic camera? They store what is called 'Metadata'
which is basically everything about the picture taken, date, f-stop-length
of exposure, all that techie stuff. Did you correspond by email? Did
you keep yours? See where I'm goin' ...?
Step back, take a deep breath, let it out slowly, make a list of everything
you've done and said to them, who you talked to , when you talked to them,
what was said by howwhat they've said to you, verbal they'll deny
electronic and other written you've got copies (unless you deleted).
Get your duck in a row. Then enjoin them in another conversation, see where
it goes.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
GaryWT

Where they said they would take care if it, they should have. Like Hank said, if you have the original email where they said they would take care of it, pull it up and fight.

Lesson learned, never trust anyone else to get your rig ready for the road, double check everything.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
koup

Great feedback, thanks. I did use my phone to take and send the pictures so that documentation exists. Unfortunately the text from the dealership said "This is the number you can send me all your damages and pictures from the chairs not being strapped down" which the dealership says does not imply responsibility for the damage! The tech that we spoke to immediately after the damage was discovered, name date and time noted by us, claimed responsibility and promised to fix the damages, no longer works for the dealership. Surprised? Not us we have dealt with no less than three techs who no longer work for the dealership. Just exploring if we have any recourse , at this time the dealership is done with us, the GM won't speak to us or accept our calls!
koup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Randy_K

If I hook up to my trailer to move it at all, certain things are my responsibly . Things like tire pressure , lights working, breaks set up , steps and jacks up, antenna down , and everything secured inside.

I do all the outside stuff and my wife does the inside. When we are ready to go we check each others work. A few minutes but worth it.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

If you are dealing with a GM that means there is either an owner or a corporate structure. Document his refusal to communicate or cooperate and move on up the ladder. If it's a large corporation go to the top and let them come down. A GM is a big guy in his little world but answers to someone who pulls his string - you need to pull theirs so they can pull his....if you get my drift.

If they failed to secure the recliners they are responsible. That being said, you may not get things rectified to your satisfaction but you still have things you can do to try to get them to take corrective action. Don't take no for an answer easily; don't rely on phone calls or electronic communication - I have far better success by letting them know I'm coming to get things straight after I've been communicating via phone or email.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
notanlines

Koup, honestly, if this is really getting your goat, go to every single site that you can and give the dealership terrible reviews. Give the readers a phone number where you can be located, and then part with a few bucks and hire an attorney. Remember, you aren't looking to come out financially, you are looking to get even........right? Otherwise just suck it up and bad-mouth the sorry dogs every chance you get.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #8
Randy_K

Use your own judgement .

I would ask the dealer nicely if you could work out something together. Going the " Im going to bad mouth you everywhere" route will end up bad for everyone. Going to war with the dealer is going to suck if something major goes wrong and you need their help. You always get farther working together.

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote