Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
MarkS

Bathroom Vanity Lights

There are two small recessed light fixtures over the bathroom sink of our trailer. I think they must be halogen because they have gotten hot enough to melt the chrome over plastic trim rings. They are marked as World Friendship Co, RV Luminaire model WF-9930-X.

I have searched the web and this forum, but no joy. Has anyone found a source for these light fixtures? A LED replacement fixture?

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Your may want to check the wattage of the bulb in the light(s). If you look at the label inside the light cover you will see it has a 10 Watt max limit. I have two of these in the Raptor and they do not get hot enough to melt cover. They have 10 Watt bulbs in them.

Tried getting this light today from Keystone via the dealer. Dealer claimed they said part can no longer be ordered. I called Trekwood RV Parts 866-880-3093. According to woman in parts department it is around $16.00 each, not in stock , she said it would need to be ordered from Keystone I mentioned what dealer said and she claimed what ever is on their site they can get. The one pictured on their site had a black cover which mine has also. May want to call them.

I did not order one and decided to find a way to keep cover on light. Apparently when light was initially installed tabs were broken, looked at it the other day and noticed cover was starting to come loose from ceiling. When took cover off noticed tabs were gone.

Went over to where second light was to see what type of tabs were there, could not get cover off Did not want to break tabs, have one like that already

If you order these let me know how to get the cover off
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Here is link to trekwood link to light

http://www.trekwood.com/products/189...-Halogen-Black

Hope this helps
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
MarkS

Thanks, I'll check them out

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
18K Pullright Hitch
Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
paoutlaw

i have the same light fixtures in my fuzion. so i was sitting on the couch on popped off above me landed on my leg. bam burned me. what hell i was mad. so i got to looking at them they are all heat damaged these light are a safety issue. so i replaced all the bulbs with LED bulbs cool as cucumber now. think i am loking turn one on for 30 minutes then touch the chrome or black part.
Good luck
paoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
MarkS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paoutlaw View Post
i have the same light fixtures in my fuzion. so i was sitting on the couch on popped off above me landed on my leg. bam burned me. what hell i was mad. so i got to looking at them they are all heat damaged these light are a safety issue. so i replaced all the bulbs with LED bulbs cool as cucumber now. think i am loking turn one on for 30 minutes then touch the chrome or black part.
Good luck

They are only 10 Watt, but they get HOT. Which LED did you use?

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
18K Pullright Hitch
Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
SRFD136

I just bought a replacement light for my 2013 Fuzion, it is a perfect match, even the stickers under the lens. Mine was the brushed nickel. The brand is Gustafson and the model # is AM4015. I also installed LED bulbs. I bought the bulbs on Amazon and all 12 worked no problems. Search cutequeen Car LED Holagen Bulb G4 Base Tower Type 12V. The power is directional with this bulb,. If you install it and it doesn't work, remove it turn it and put it back in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	8195  
SRFD136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

We just replaced all of our 12 volt halogen exterior lighting (at the house) with LED's. We used a "direct replacement, waterproof" LED from Amazon. They are almost the same "color and brightness" as the older halogen bulbs and there's no heat produced. Much cheaper than the halogen bulbs that are $4 each at Lowe's....

http://www.amazon.com/Weanas%C2%AE-U...lb+Replacement

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #9
SRFD136

JRTJH two of those lights literal burnt up in my puck lights. One puck had to be replaced because of the damage. They may work outside but I discourage people from buying hose for inside.
SRFD136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFD136 View Post
JRTJH two of those lights literal burnt up in my puck lights. One puck had to be replaced because of the damage. They may work outside but I discourage people from buying hose for inside.
In your previous post you indicated that you installed cutequeen Car LED Holagen Bulb G4 Base Tower Type 12V. Are these the ones that "burned up" ?? If so, they are not the same LED's that I indicated. The ones I ordered are Weanas brand. They are not the same manufacturer, (brand) nor are they the same type of LED's as the ones you listed.

Please verify for me which LED's you installed and had problems with. If they are the same manufacturer and style of LED, then I wouldn't recommend them, but if the ones you have problems with are a different manufacturer and even a different type of LED, then your issues aren't related to the Weanas products. Thanks.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote