Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Rollin

Raptor 332TS

First time rv purchase. I was looking at the raptor 332TS. I was hoping to get any info, pros and cons, on this unit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Spring

raptor 332ts

Just bought raptor 332ts the end of December and love every feature of this toyhauler. Hope you enjoy yours. The garage is large enough to hold both my can-am 2 up atvs and I think the workmanship of building this coach is top-notch. Cant wait for warmer weather to arrive to be able to use it.
Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #3
Rollin

Thanks for the info and glad you like it. Is there any advice or anything specific I need to look for or ask for during the purchase process. I am hoping to purchase in the next 30 days and any help would be appreciated. This will be my first rv purchase
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Rollin -
There is a pre-delivery inspection checklist available to our forum members.. Go to Keystone Questions and look for the sticky with the same name at the top of the page.

You can download, run it off and take it with you when you do your walk through
Old 03-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
First time rv purchase. I was looking at the raptor 332TS. I was hoping to get any info, pros and cons, on this unit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Do not want to start another ROARING DEBATE. but have to ask what are you planning to use as a TV? There are many threads out there on TV calculations, Raptor heavy kingpin weights, etc for your reference..

The check list referenced is a good tool. Just for reference my walk through took about three hours. Think there are also threads out there discussing walk through procedures you may want to look at (using search). I would highly suggest you make the dealer aware you are going to do a comprehensive walk through and may take a few hours. A good dealer shoild have no problem with that. Letting him know ahead of time aids him in scheduling his techs. Have a plan to discuss any discrepancies you find.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #6
abneynormal

yes

do a through walk through. also make sure they show you ALL the points to de winterization including the water heater bypass, yep I nearly burnt my wh up before figuring that there is a bypass. check the trim, tank pulls, Roof (you would be surprised at the holes on new rv's). now not to scare but inform. the tires are a key failure in rv.s check tires ,tires, tires. now 2 money items I would add wet bolt the suspension including ez flex or equa flex. and a surge protector.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Rollin

Thanks to everyone for the info.mthink I'm going to pull the trigger this weekend.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the info.mthink I'm going to pull the trigger this weekend.
What are you planning to use as A TV

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Rollin

Paraptor, kinda afraid to say because of all the pros and cons to this. I currently have 2500 hd gas burner.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Paraptor, kinda afraid to say because of all the pros and cons to this. I currently have 2500 hd gas burner.
Have been in your situation, Silverado 2500HD EC LB 8.1L gasser 4.10s LB 4X4 tow package, Allison Trans with tow, and the baby RAPTOR 300, details in a previous post. Note my sig.

Its your ultimate decision but I highly recommend doing the calcs yourself and make your decision based on that (facts). I know others have their option of what they think the design numbers should be but remember no matter what you do to the truck unless recertified that is what they are. If design numbers such as GVWR could be changed via opinion there would have been a blank plate on the inside of the door with a marker pen.

As you stated there are enough opinions out on this forum. need to make decision on your overall comfort level after reviewing facts not opinions.

Sent you a detailed PM

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #11
Drew Waller

332 ts

Here's mine and we love it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 004.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	5514  

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #12
Rollin

Super sweet love the full body paint.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
Drew Waller

332ts

If you have never had one, look into a Trail Air Tri-Glide air hitch for your King Pin. When I first got my 332TS it did a lot of chocking back and forth on the way home. It was 1500 lbs heavier than my 3612 Raptor and I think heavier on the hitch point.The metal to metal contact back there made my "little" belly go back and forth at a great RPM I didn't care for. I put the Trail Air Tri-glide on and that went away. Of course the co-pilot had different ideas about getting rid of the JIGGLE on top of my belt line! lol

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #14
Rollin

That's too funny, I may need it just for the jiggle as well. Will definitely look into it. Thanks for the info