Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
st_pinetree

America the Beautiful Pass- save money on camping fees

Hi all, I thought I would pass this along, I recently (a couple months ago) made a week or so long reservation at a USFS campground for the Fourth of July holiday at a campground. The total reservation cost was about $70.

A couple weeks ago, I was looking into whether or not to buy the $80 America the Beautiful Pass because of a upcoming trip to a National Park. I found out that at most federal campgrounds you recieve a 50% discount with the pass on camping fees. So I bought the pass, and then I went into the reservation I had already made for July, and within the "edit reservation" feature there is a spot to enter your pass number, and viola my card was credited the $35. One reservation covered nearly half of the intitial outlay.

I was a bit surprised to find out they allowed retroactive credit on existing reservations.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Bob Landry

The NP Senior pass is really a bargain. it's a one time cost of $10 and also gets you half price camping in any government park including ACOE. There aren't many advantages to getting old, but I suppose this is one of them.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
The NP Senior pass is really a bargain. it's a one time cost of $10 and also gets you half price camping in any government park including ACOE. There aren't many advantages to getting old, but I suppose this is one of them.
Think if you pick up this pass at a camp ground it may be Free. I also had to pay the 10-20 dollars do not remember its been awhile ago as an admin fee since I requested the pass be sent to me. Yes something Free for the old folks
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Western Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Love the NP Senior Pass. The money saved overrode my pride and not only are the site saving big but it gives free access into the Parks. We cut through Yellowstone two or three times a year and just used it for the Grand Canyon. It saves time at the entrances too as there is a pass line that always moves faster than the fee lines.

2014 Cougar 21RBSWE "The Sugar Shack"
2006 F250 Super duty "Buttercup"
King Ranch Crew
6.0L Diesel
Bulletproofed
Reese Straight-line Dual cam WDH
Me and My Bride
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Dave & SUe

The only place we have found the senior pass didn;t work was Mt.Rushmore.They don't charge you admission fee,but gig you to park.
Dave & SUe is offline   Reply With Quote