Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
Dollarbill60

Sprinter 30RL

Just closed the deal on a 2021 Sprinter 30RL. Picking it up next week. Anybody pulling one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210105_164924918.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	31432   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210105_164937129 (1).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	31433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210105_164820170.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	31434  
Old 01-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Congratulations. What's the payload capacity on your F250 Powerstroke? When that trailer's loaded up you'll have about 3K pin weight.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:33 PM   #3
Miles Mac

Picked up ours 2 weeks ago, but with our cold weather only sat in it once so far.
Miles Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
The4eeee

I bought one also. Any thoughts on the Anderson hitch.
The4eeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:37 AM   #5
Big1

Congrats! Do you have it yet? How you like it?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
RobinandCarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollarbill60 View Post
Just closed the deal on a 2021 Sprinter 30RL. Picking it up next week. Anybody pulling one?
In the process of moving into ours. Hope to do trial run on the next week or two. How is it going with yours?
RobinandCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #7
Bart68

30rl

I pick my new 30RL up first week of May. Be interested to see new owner's impressions of it or things to look for.

Thanks!
Bart68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #8
agatehunter

Agatehunter

We just picked ours up 2 weeks ago, been busy getting it loaded and doing some mods. Keystone covered over a ton of storage area. Bottom blank panel in bathroom closes of ⅓ of the usable space. Under the island sink they had another closed off area that opens up to more usable storage. The big kitchen cabinet that hides the water heater also had covered up storage, I added a panel on the floor to protect water heater and a vent pipe. Then added struts to hold cabinet doors over couch and bed open. Plan on o short trip in about 10 days. So far very pleased with the unit.
agatehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:25 AM   #9
Bart68

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by agatehunter View Post
We just picked ours up 2 weeks ago, been busy getting it loaded and doing some mods. Keystone covered over a ton of storage area. Bottom blank panel in bathroom closes of ⅓ of the usable space. Under the island sink they had another closed off area that opens up to more usable storage. The big kitchen cabinet that hides the water heater also had covered up storage, I added a panel on the floor to protect water heater and a vent pipe. Then added struts to hold cabinet doors over couch and bed open. Plan on o short trip in about 10 days. So far very pleased with the unit.
Thanks very much! Great to know, I am getting pretty restless to go get mine, but I can't grab it until May 6. Amazing how much useable space they cover up, but overall seems to be much better construction than my 2018 Forest River...
Old 04-06-2021, 06:28 AM   #10
RobinandCarl

We reclaimed the same spaces. Below kitchen sink we were able to just stand the panel up in the back to cover up the exposed stuff. Section by water heater is our soda/alcohol storage. We put velcro on the sides to stick it back up and a command hook to pull it open with,; it is behind closed doors, so didn't want to put a knob on. Overall like it very much. Quality of workmanship is horrible. Be sure you do a thorough inspection when you pick it up, or at least go ahead and get your first warranty appt on the books. They didn't tell us when we bought it, but they are scheduling 2-3 months out at my dealer.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #11
Bart68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinandCarl View Post
We reclaimed the same spaces. Below kitchen sink we were able to just stand the panel up in the back to cover up the exposed stuff. Section by water heater is our soda/alcohol storage. We put velcro on the sides to stick it back up and a command hook to pull it open with,; it is behind closed doors, so didn't want to put a knob on. Overall like it very much. Quality of workmanship is horrible. Be sure you do a thorough inspection when you pick it up, or at least go ahead and get your first warranty appt on the books. They didn't tell us when we bought it, but they are scheduling 2-3 months out at my dealer.
Good to know on the quality... I'll be very careful on the walkthrough. Great idea on the velcro and command hooks.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #12
RobinandCarl

There are several FB groups with tons of activity. I may get in trouble for this, but the pages are very active and get quick responses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2217...236/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2104...305/?ref=share
Old 04-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #13
Bart68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinandCarl View Post
There are several FB groups with tons of activity. I may get in trouble for this, but the pages are very active and get quick responses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2217...236/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2104...305/?ref=share
Thanks!! I appreciate it.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #14
drew999999

I don't have the 30RL but our 3571FWLFT has a very similar layout in the living area. Struts on the overhead storage is a must and very easy to install. I got the most brownie points from the wife for this mod. Biggest advice I can give is to get a small bungie cord to secure the kitchen sink handle closed when travelling. The faucet doesn't have any stops to prevent it from turning 360 degrees and the on/off handle isn't the tightest. I made the mistake of hooking my rig up to a water supply without checking and nearly flooded my camper. Walked inside right after hooking up water and found the faucet drenching the floor. Wife now uses a scrunchie hair tie to prevent my indoor swimming pool attempts.
drew999999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
Bart68

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew999999 View Post
I don't have the 30RL but our 3571FWLFT has a very similar layout in the living area. Struts on the overhead storage is a must and very easy to install. I got the most brownie points from the wife for this mod. Biggest advice I can give is to get a small bungie cord to secure the kitchen sink handle closed when travelling. The faucet doesn't have any stops to prevent it from turning 360 degrees and the on/off handle isn't the tightest. I made the mistake of hooking my rig up to a water supply without checking and nearly flooded my camper. Walked inside right after hooking up water and found the faucet drenching the floor. Wife now uses a scrunchie hair tie to prevent my indoor swimming pool attempts.
Very good to know! I will have to look into the struts too once I have it and can see what length to order. Great forum, I am glad I found it.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #16
drew999999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart68 View Post
Very good to know! I will have to look into the struts too once I have it and can see what length to order. Great forum, I am glad I found it.
I installed these and they have worked well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

One other thing I can think of (again regarding the sink) is that its HUGE and eats up a ton of water to do dishes. We found a smaller tub that we sit in the sink and fill with soapy water, then use the sprayer to rinse. The first time we stayed a few days without sewer hookup we filled the galley gray tank quickly.

Hope you enjoy your Sprinter as much as we do ours.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #17
Bart68

Quote:
I installed these and they have worked well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

One other thing I can think of (again regarding the sink) is that its HUGE and eats up a ton of water to do dishes. We found a smaller tub that we sit in the sink and fill with soapy water, then use the sprayer to rinse. The first time we stayed a few days without sewer hookup we filled the galley gray tank quickly.

Hope you enjoy your Sprinter as much as we do ours.
Awesome thanks! That will save me a bunch of time, and I can have them in hand when I pick up the camper. Good tip on the sink too, we are very excited to get it. I have my first trip on just 12 days after I get it so I will post once we take it for a short run.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #18
Bart68

Dumb question, most websites call this a Sprinter 30RL, but some call it a Sprinter Campfire 30RL. Anyone know what makes a Keystone a Campfire edition?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:48 AM   #19
drew999999

From what I can tell, the Sprinter line comes in 2 flavors (Campfire and Limited). I haven't dug through it all yet, but there is a brochure that outlines the features of both. http://keystonerv.avalamarketing.com/brochures/
Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #20
Bart68

Quote:
From what I can tell, the Sprinter line comes in 2 flavors (Campfire and Limited). I haven't dug through it all yet, but there is a brochure that outlines the features of both. http://keystonerv.avalamarketing.com/brochures/
Thanks! It seems for 2021+ the Campfire is gone and the new models are just Sprinter and Sprinter Unlimited.

Thank you again!

Tags
sprinter