Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2021, 03:42 PM   #1
JoeMcG

Interior Doors

I'm sure we are not the first ones that has had this problem. Both bathroom doors on our 2019 Montana 3810MS is having the lamination coming off. We know not to shower w/out opening the fan and turning the fan on but we were too late of a lesson learned. Who knows how to go about getting this fixed or replacing the doors?
JoeMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums! And hope you are enjoying that Montana.

Considering yours is a 2019 model, it's still pretty new. The easiest way to get a replacement door is to go back to your purchasing dealership and see if they can order one for you. That is really the easiest way to do it, but not necessarily the cheapest way to go. But it is the sure way to go.

As far as repairing the original door, that will involve some carpentry skills, a little imagination, some time, space, and a little money to repair yourself. If it were mine, I'd find a way to repair the door, but I'm also a non-professional carpenter too (Meaning I don't do carpentry work for a living or am bonded). But, I've done my share of remodeling several houses with a hammer in my hand since I was 6 years old too (and now I'm 66).

If you still want to replace instead of fix, you also might get lucky at some RV salvage places too. Depending upon where you live, you might have one nearby you. Check the internet.

Another thing, you might check here too for more specifics about your Montana. I have been on both the Keystone and the Montana forums for some time now, having owned nothing but Keystone campers. The Keystone site (this site) is great for anything related to Keystone and you'll find information here you won't find of the Montana site. On the Montana site, you'll find specific things unique to Montana's only. Between the 2 sites, you'll find a LOT of information and LOTS of opportunities to toss questions out "there" a lot of very knowledgeable, very informed, and very experienced RVers!

Welcome!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
bobbecky

This is the Trekwood site showing doors for your model year. https://www.trekwood.com/parts-searc...23+%2F+Keyword
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I have had some limited success using a damp rag and a heat gun. Use low heat, warm the surface and then rub with a damp cloth. You may have to do it a few times, be careful not to get the thin laminate to hot as it will shrink.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If the door "delamination" is such that you can get some access behind the separated panel, remove the door, lay it on a flat surface, use a quality wood glue and an acid brush (sold at any hardware store) to spread glue between the two panels. Once you have glue on as much of the panels as possible, then place heavy books or similar objects on the door, use a wet rag to wipe up any glue that might ooze from the panels and let it sit like that for 24 hours. Then remove the books, your door should be "good as new"..... I use TiteBond Ultimate brown wood glue. You can buy a plastic squeeze bottle for $4 at Lowe's.....

Trekwood can "sell you a door" but it will cost much more than just "a slight shock" and you'll likely have a "heart attack" when you learn what they charge for shipping.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:44 AM   #6
skids

Maybe I am a cheapskate, but I would be checking availability of an appropriate size for a door slab at Lowes. A hollow core door painted brown could look nice.