Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #41
kcamp99186

Similar experience

We plugged out new rig into our garage (GFI) outlet for the first week. It kept tripping the outlet. I contacted the dealership and was told there can be issues doing that. Sure enough, when I moved the plug to a regular outlet the problem resolved itself. It seems that having more than 1 GFCI in the circuit can cause problems and note that it doesn't have to be your fridge circuit. It could be something else. Hope this helps, wish you the best.

kcamp99186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #42
edepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcamp99186 View Post
We plugged out new rig into our garage (GFI) outlet for the first week. It kept tripping the outlet. I contacted the dealership and was told there can be issues doing that. Sure enough, when I moved the plug to a regular outlet the problem resolved itself. It seems that having more than 1 GFCI in the circuit can cause problems and note that it doesn't have to be your fridge circuit. It could be something else. Hope this helps, wish you the best.
Thanks so much! Unfortunately, all of the storage unit receptacles are GFCI. But... another forum member here suggested that we try to flip off the circuit to our GFCI outlet inside the trailer. That may fix the issue for us. Thanks again for your suggestion! Much appreciated.

edepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM   #43
KimNTerry

I was also experiencing similar issues 30 Amp cord through dog bone adapter to 15 Amp GFCI. It worked for years without issue, then suddenly GFCI started tripping. It turns out that my dog bone adapter shorted out. So check all of the components. in the chain and never assume it is good.

The GFCI tripping is actually a good thing in that the protection devices are doing their job and not letting your equipment get cooked.

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #44
edepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNTerry View Post
I was also experiencing similar issues 30 Amp cord through dog bone adapter to 15 Amp GFCI. It worked for years without issue, then suddenly GFCI started tripping. It turns out that my dog bone adapter shorted out. So check all of the components. in the chain and never assume it is good.

The GFCI tripping is actually a good thing in that the protection devices are doing their job and not letting your equipment get cooked.
Definitely. I ended up buying another 50 amp to 15 amp in the event that the one we had was bad, but it wasn't. So now we have a backup. We also tried a heavier extension cord (10/3). I'm hopeful that if we just turn off the circuit to the GFCI to our bathroom, that will fix our issue. Fingers crossed!

edepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, gfci, storage