Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2021, 06:06 AM   #1
Jeepster

Bedroom tv mount

I have a Sprinter 33FWLS and want to mount my bedroom tv on the wall but there is no sticker near the cable plug. Where can I mount?
Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
Texas Steve

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

The above link shows the tour of the TT. It looks a though the tv can be mounted above the window. There should be a header above the window in which to mount the bracket.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
Jeepster

Bedroom two mount

Thanks for the reply Texas Steve. My window is directly over the dresser, so I was looking to mount it to the right of the window and dresser. That is where the cable connection is, but no sign of a sticker showing the best position for the mount.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Sarge2

I had no marking either on my Passport... I ended up finding the backing to be to the right of the plugs and cable connection between my right wall and the window... I believe that it's also a backer for the awning mount as well... it was almost even with the edge of my bed/mattress...
It was quite large and allowed me to put the swing arm mount on that wall so that you have viewing without bringing it out too far that you can't get around it getting out of bed...
I know we are probably talking apples and oranges but I could hear/feel the backing simply by knocking on the wall.... Hope it helps some...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:11 AM   #5
Jeepster

Bedroom tv mount

Thanks Sarge 2.
I think you’re right because it seems that wall where the plug and coax connection are is fairly solid. There doesn’t seem to be any hollow spots.
Thanks again for your input.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
Thanks Sarge 2.
I think you’re right because it seems that wall where the plug and coax connection are is fairly solid. There doesn’t seem to be any hollow spots.
Thanks again for your input.
The Sprinter has laminated sidewalls so there won't be any "hollow spots"... There is, working from the inside out, a 1/8" luan wallboard, 1.5" of foam (surrounding the aluminum frame), a 1/8" luan backer board and FILON sheeting on the extreme outside.

What you will find in your trailer is a 1/8-1/4 inch thick "TV Mount Plate" that is welded between two vertical aluminum wall studs. The studs are 1.5x1.5 square tubing. Window headers may be two square tubes welded together over large windows and only 1 tube over smaller windows.

Don't count on "feeling solid" or "not feeling hollow" as an indicator of anything "behind that thin luan wallboard.

Here's a photo of a typical aluminum frame. You can see the backer plates for the cabinets. The TV backer plate is essentially a smaller plate located in the area where the TV should be mounted.

In the photo, 1 is the FILON, 2 and 3 are luan sheeting (in light weight trailers, only one sheet is used), 4 is the "solid foam core", 5 is the window cutout, 6 is the cabinet backer plate, and a smaller one would be welded between uprights for the TV. Finally 7 is the entire frame structure. Notice that there is no "16" on center" but rather the frame is "strategically placed" where the strength is needed.

On wooden frame trailers, the construction is entirely different and the typical wood frame has "hand packed, spun fiberglass insulation" rather than laminated solid foam. On many wood frame trailers, you can feel the "hollow spaces between the wood frame members. Not so on "foam core laminated walls"....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV SIDEWALL construction.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	32580  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, mount, tv mount