Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2021, 06:36 AM   #21
jadatis

Geral idea of TT makers, is that tires are yust enaugh for the TT, and maxpress on sidewall is needed, so that they recomend standard
But in verry few cases TT tires are that overrated thatlower then maxpress gives still 100% savetymargin.
But my idea is that Topicstarter has that exeption to the rule. Only need GVWR and/ or GAWR from topicstarter to be shure .

jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:51 PM   #22
jmorse62

GVWR is 4475 lbs

jmorse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #23
jadatis

Even if I use the 2271 lbs of european tires as maxload , my spreadsheet gives 64 psi.
This is maximum reserve without bumping.
So if you used 65 psi , I cant explain the falling apart by to high pressure. So not what I expected.

Or it must be that you dont load it to the max of 4475 lbs.

If I would have used the 2040 lbs maxload given for your ST, my pressure-advice would have come even higher, even 72 psi.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:14 PM   #24
jmorse62

I usually try and keep the trailer light, packing heavier items in the car and empty tanks. After this discussion I will keep the tires are 65psi, and add a little more load to the trailer.
As far as driving speed I will keep at 65 and make sure to avoid the bumps.
Thanks
jmorse62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse62 View Post
I usually try and keep the trailer light, packing heavier items in the car and empty tanks. After this discussion I will keep the tires are 65psi, and add a little more load to the trailer.
Thanks
In your travels be observant when you see someone towing. It's simple physics basically. A short, light, single axel trailer is going to bounce more than a long, heavy, dual axle one. It doesn't matter if it's a boat, utility, or camper. The closer the trailer axle is to the hitch point the more it will raise the front endnof the camper. Same principle as riding in a 14' John boat vs a 35' cabin cruiser.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:31 AM   #26
jadatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse62 View Post
Thanks
You may think you dont load it heavy, but weighing is the only way to be shure.
Best even per wheel, second best per axle.

But I assumed 4000 lbs total weight and filled that in with european 2280 lbs maxload. Gave 57 psi with for that weight max reserve without bumping.

Driving max 81mph this can dropp to 52 psi with still 11% reserve for unequall load.

But mind that inacuracies of pressure-device, and misyudged to low weight, etc, can still bring it over the overheating border.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:54 AM   #27
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
You may think you dont load it heavy, but weighing is the only way to be shure.
Best even per wheel, second best per axle.

But I assumed 4000 lbs total weight and filled that in with european 2280 lbs maxload. Gave 57 psi with for that weight max reserve without bumping.

Driving max 81mph this can dropp to 52 psi with still 11% reserve for unequall load.

But mind that inacuracies of pressure-device, and misyudged to low weight, etc, can still bring it over the overheating border.
I thoroughly appreciate your expertise but it has really confused the whole tire thing for me whenever you start throwing all of these reserve vs psi vs weights versus nature laws vs European tire specs... please donít take offense but it has really muddied the waters.. on a side note I think it would be pretty cool to rv in Europe for a few weeks if I could stay on the proper side of the road .. lol
Old 03-18-2021, 03:39 AM   #28
jadatis

Only in the UK, they drive on the left, rest of Europe on the right.

But I only did the calculation, to exclude the influence of to high pressure on the falling apart of topicstarters TT.

For that you have to use the weights and maxloads that count to laws of nature.
And I admit, this makes it complicated , but was needed to get a true picture of the situation.

The outcome was not what I expected, but it is as it is, and now topicstarter has to search on for the real cource of his problem. Mayby poor construction.

I rest my case in this topic, unless TS comes with much lower real weights after weighing.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:15 AM   #29
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
Only in the UK, they drive on the left, rest of Europe on the right.

But I only did the calculation, to exclude the influence of to high pressure on the falling apart of topicstarters TT.

For that you have to use the weights and maxloads that count to laws of nature.
And I admit, this makes it complicated , but was needed to get a true picture of the situation.

The outcome was not what I expected, but it is as it is, and now topicstarter has to search on for the real cource of his problem. Mayby poor construction.

I rest my case in this topic, unless TS comes with much lower real weights after weighing.
I was not aware that the UK was the only European country that drove on the left ..
Old 03-18-2021, 07:03 AM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

Technically it's the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Malta and Cyprus for Europe. Several other countries around the world like India, Japan, Australia, Several countries in Africa, Some in South America.

flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote