Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Richard6959

Smile My new Laredo 320TG

We purchased a 2014 Laredo 320TG last month from Dixie RV in the Florida panhandle. Over all we are happy with our choice, but I do have a couple of criticisms that we noticed after our purchase.

1. There is no A/C duct or heat duct in the bathroom. With a 2nd exterior door, a skylight in the shower and a vent over the toilet, the sun really generates a lot of heat in the hot Florida sun.
2. There is no heat duct in the bunk house.
3. The aerodynamic front cap is nice, but you have to unscrew 4 knobs and remove a cover to reach the propane tanks to open and close them.
4. This unit came with 4 different keys and we found one in a cabinet that we still don't know where it goes.
5. The light switch for the kitchen / main living area is behind a cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.
6. The bunk house has a light switch but in the front bedroom you have to climb onto the queen bed and flip the switch on the light.
7. The stove hood vents... to the inside. Would have been easy to vent it out. We have a 14X14 vent in the ceiling above the stove but no fan.
8. A pocket door on the bunk house like the front bedroom would have been nice instead of a curtain. (I guess this was the solution to no heat duct)
9. The hot water heater gas/electric switch in on the wall with the tank level monitor instead of behind the cabinet door with the slide and awning switches.

Aside from that, there are many things we love about the unit.

1. The island sink with the large single basin and under sink storage.
2. The swivel T.V. that can be rotated to the front bedroom.
3. The large outdoor kitchen swing up door (although I cracked my head on hit once because I am 6'1".
4. The gas grill that attaches to the rear bumper.
5. The black tank flush
6. The fresh water tank back flow that prevent over filling the tank.
7. The free standing dinette
8. 50 amp service

Modifications

1. We don't plan to use the dinette as a bed so I unscrewed the couch and moved it about 4 inches, then unscrewed and moved one of the dinette benches so there was more room for adults to sit at the table.

2. We are adding a Fantastic fan (auto open with rain sensor) to the kitchen vent.

3. I installed a 2nd A/C with a heat coil in the bunk house. Because it only sits about 18 inches from the bathroom, I plan to cut a hole in the wall and ad a 2" duct so that we have A/C and heat in the bathroom.

4. Over the entertainment center Keystone proudly displays the name "Laredo" burnt into a wood face plate. I plan to make a name plate with our last name and screw it over the "Laredo". If and when we ever sell, I can remove our name plate and again proudly display Laredo again.

5. Thinking about a quick access hole to reach the propane tanks. Not sure about how to do that yet.
Richard6959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320tg, a/c, laredo, modifications