Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
RustyDave

Hello from BC

Hey folks,
Just sold our 2011 Spree 281BHS yesterday. Things are crazy up here with travelling restrictions so we figured it might be time to get something newer and a little wider (full slide). The spree sold for over asking. Not much available in quality used BH's around here.
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been looking at a replacement. It's been exhausting. We settled on a 2017 Aerolite luxury with a bunch of sweet features but much more that could go wrong also. Everything else didn't fit our needs and all the Bullets were sold from the local dealer and ones on the BC Coast. The Aerolite is nice but it's limited to 900 lbs payload. Basically with around 750lbs of camping gear that didn't leave much room for water while towing. Or full grey/black tanks while heading home before dumping. That didn't rest easy for me. I wondered if I made a mistake selling our spree as nothing was really working for us on the trailer market without spending 50k (Canadian and we get ripped off with everything from the states).
My wife doesn't like many trailers but she LOVES the look of the 2020 Bullet. I love the look of the 29BHSWE. The Aerolite has a king bed and a bigger fridge but the payload thing was killing me. Not to mention a few stud lines along one side of the fibreglass. The Bullet has a full queen which is ok and the standard 6cf fridge but otherwise it's got everything we like plus an outdoor kitchen which I really wanted. Problem is they're all gone. People can't go anywhere and BH models are pretty much all gone. There's a few passports left but my girls hated the tight bunks. The hideouts and springdales are around but I like the look of the fiberglass siding. I've owned 3 trailers and know what I want. I also know the quality that goes into these things.
On a whim yesterday I phoned a dealer about 8 hours from here. They have a dealership here locally also but no units left. It turns out the far away dealership has one left! I've put a deposit on it. Very excited. A little more than I wanted to spend but oh well. They've given me a deal on 190w solar w/6V batts. At just under 34' I'm also going to invest in a equalizer 4 point sway system. Don't need any surprises pulling this thing around in BC. Probably going to overkill it a bit with some airbags also. I have a 2015 F150 3.5 Eco with the max tow package. Plenty of room on the payload even with a fully loaded trailer.
Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. I spent hours on this forum last night and this morning preparing myself for what lies ahead. We were lucky on the Spree. It was a great unit and any problems it had I fixed myself and learned a lot along the way.
I'm phoning the dealer this am to make sure they do a proper PDI and I'll be stopping by the local dealer to introduce myself for some anticipated warranty work.
Looking forward to enjoying this new unit. It's gorgeous. Hopefully the unit doesn't give us too much headache.
RustyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
meaz93*

Welcome fellow Ecoboost owner from AZ.
Congrats on your purchase and persistence to find the trailer that you really wanted! Now get that TT; do a thorough walk thru upon picking it up, add a sway control to your WDH, than enjoy some camping!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200429-194428_Facebook.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	28239
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
Gary R.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I admire folks who have the persistence to put a lot of effort into finding what they want.

We're certain your family will have a great time with the new TT!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #4
RustyDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I admire folks who have the persistence to put a lot of effort into finding what they want.

We're certain your family will have a great time with the new TT!
Thanks!
I think I can tell you the weight and tongue weight of every 26-29 BH TT out there.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
Gobirds38

Welcome Have Fun and Enjoy!!!

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #6
Summergirl

Congrats on the uni. Which dealer did you use out of curiosity?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #7
Chris P

Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
RustyDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
Congrats on the uni. Which dealer did you use out of curiosity?
Fraserway in Prince George. Only 8 hours away. 😂
Old 06-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
Gegrad

Welcome from Pennsylvania!
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:31 PM   #10
Summergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyDave View Post
Fraserway in Prince George. Only 8 hours away. 😂
Ours originally came from Country RV Kelowna now Fraserway. Good service department.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:02 AM   #11
RustyDave

Excellent. Good to know. Thank you.