Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Spenzly

New Member-Maryland

Hello,

New to the forum and RV in general. A little about my self. I am currently in the NAVY and recently got stationed in Maryland. No kids except the two fur babies lol. As far as hobbies, if it has a motor, It has my attention lol. My wife and I just purchased a 2015 Keystone Cougar High Country 326SRX.

With deployments and all, it can get a little difficult with spending time together; so we figured this might be a great way to relax and do just that. Throw the Harley in the back and take a few trips.

Not sure if I really got a good deal or not because it seems to be a little difficult to price these out when used. We did chose to get the 5 year platinum warranty through compass. I know some are against it or feel it's a rip off but none the less it makes me sleep better right now, especially considering this is a used unit. From reading and speaking to a few RV maintenance shops, they all said this company was easy to deal with. I hope to never have to find out, but I hope it is true if I do ever need it.

In regards to tow vehicle, I will be lugging this bad girl with my F350.

With that said, thanks for allowing me to join and I look forward to chatting with you all.
Spenzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
busterbrown

Welcome from Michigan and congrats on your "new to you" coach.

With extended warranties and service contracts, they are a bit more 'twisted' than a typical automotive warranty. The fine print can downright complicate things when it comes to a warranty claim. The obligatory service intervals and exclusionary items blows my mind.

IMO, these warranties are not worth the paper they're printed on. I've read too many "I got burned" and "I'm so upset" stories on RV forums that I would convince anyone I know "NOT" to spend the extra money on the warranty. But rather, invest that money into an "RV maintenance" account and let it dwell. If the time comes that an appliance or system fails, use it to finance the repair accordingly.

If, however, the repairs are minimal during your ownership period and/or you're handy with a few tools, take that account balance when the coach is sold and use it for nice down payment on your next coach.

Again, completely my opinion...but I'm sure you've read the same.

Anyways. Happy trails with the coach and thank you for your service!
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 AM   #3
Firewall

Welcome and thank you for your service. Safe travels and enjoy!
Firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:52 AM   #4
TJO

Welcome to the forum from Ottawa, Ontario. Retired Infantry here.
TJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:17 AM   #5
Northofu1

from Toronto
Psssst I'm on my second year with this RV, I bought the 4 yr warranty as well. Call it our right of passage as new RV'ers
Enjoy the new Rv, safe journeys.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:34 AM   #6
Spenzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Welcome from Michigan and congrats on your "new to you" coach.

With extended warranties and service contracts, they are a bit more 'twisted' than a typical automotive warranty. The fine print can downright complicate things when it comes to a warranty claim. The obligatory service intervals and exclusionary items blows my mind.

IMO, these warranties are not worth the paper they're printed on. I've read too many "I got burned" and "I'm so upset" stories on RV forums that I would convince anyone I know "NOT" to spend the extra money on the warranty. But rather, invest that money into an "RV maintenance" account and let it dwell. If the time comes that an appliance or system fails, use it to finance the repair accordingly.

If, however, the repairs are minimal during your ownership period and/or you're handy with a few tools, take that account balance when the coach is sold and use it for nice down payment on your next coach.

Again, completely my opinion...but I'm sure you've read the same.

Anyways. Happy trails with the coach and thank you for your service!
I usually say no to them and keep it moving. I am aware of the horrific stories when people try to file a claim. It seems those are the non Inclusive ones. If I ever need it, we will see what happens lol. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:48 AM   #7
5J's

Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. Thank you for your service!!

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #8
Cbrez

Glad to have you on the forum and very much appreciate your service to our country
Since you’re in the Navy you’ve probably been stationed in the Norfolk, Virginia area and may already be familiar with the RV park at the Dam Neck Annex in Virginia Beach. If not, check out Sea Mist RV Campground. Paved sites, full hook ups just inside the dune line and dirt cheap. Empty beaches compared to Virginia Beach proper. Easy day from California, MD (if HRBT is flowing). It’s a very popular CG so reserve early.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #9
Spenzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrez View Post
Glad to have you on the forum and very much appreciate your service to our country
Since you’re in the Navy you’ve probably been stationed in the Norfolk, Virginia area and may already be familiar with the RV park at the Dam Neck Annex in Virginia Beach. If not, check out Sea Mist RV Campground. Paved sites, full hook ups just inside the dune line and dirt cheap. Empty beaches compared to Virginia Beach proper. Easy day from California, MD (if HRBT is flowing). It’s a very popular CG so reserve early.
Thank you sir. Very familiar with the area lol. Spent 13 years there. Love Dam Neck. Use to do all my surf fishing there since it was never crowded.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:08 AM   #10
shov

Welcome to the forum, currently in Kuwait, formerly S IL, call MT home...

Thank you for your service!
shov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #11
Chris P

Thanks for your service, We just got back from Delaware, Welcome to the forum from New Jersey. You will find a lot of great people and info here.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #12
Spenzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
Thanks for your service, We just got back from Delaware, Welcome to the forum from New Jersey. You will find a lot of great people and info here.
NJ is my home state. I am from the Bellmawr area. What about you?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:24 AM   #13
Chris P

Woodbridge , born and raised in Cranford.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:31 AM   #14
TNVJones

Welcome from the mountains of NC and Thank you for your service to our country. Enjoy your travels you will meet a lot of great folks.

TNVJONES
2017 F-250 6.2L
2019 Hideout 303RLI
TNVJones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags