Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
merchjo

New 19FBPR TT Owner

Yesterday we purchased out Premier 19FBPR to replace our 2019 Spirit 2758RB. We decided to downsize because my kids said they now longer wanted to go camping and my wife wanted to take longer trips and I did not feel my Ram 1500 was up to the task of pulling the Spirit ong distances. Our first trip with the new TT is next Thursday. Anyone know of any gotcha with the rig?
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Gary R.

Greetings and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new Premier!

One of the best ways to become familiar with the camper, discover what you need but forgot, and take care of any issues would be to "camp out" for a night or two in your driveway.

Be ready to get out there and have some fun!

Stay safe!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
merchjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Greetings and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new Premier!

One of the best ways to become familiar with the camper, discover what you need but forgot, and take care of any issues would be to "camp out" for a night or two in your driveway.

Be ready to get out there and have some fun!

Stay safe!
Thanks Gary

We did a systems check yesterday and found the water pump check valve stock open allowing city water to fill the tank. Had to do the pump trick to fix that but I order a external check valve to make sure it wont happen again. Also noticed there is no winterizing tube on the pump like my old one had where I can bypass my tank and pull right from the bottle so I got that as well and will install them both. Other things like gas springs to hold the mattress up while getting in the storage bin, so ordered that kit.

Just weird how different manufactures do diffrent things.
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #4
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchjo View Post
Yesterday we purchased out Premier 19FBPR to replace our 2019 Spirit 2758RB. We decided to downsize because my kids said they now longer wanted to go camping and my wife wanted to take longer trips and I did not feel my Ram 1500 was up to the task of pulling the Spirit ong distances. Our first trip with the new TT is next Thursday. Anyone know of any gotcha with the rig?
Welcome to the forum.

We owned a 2015 19FPBR and loved it. We were able to get into spaces a larger trailer could not manage. We traded for a unit with a walk-in shower as the DW could no longer manage to get over the rim of the tub.

As far as gotchas:
  • Be careful with the gas shocks for the bed. We added some to ours also, but the framing is (to be polite) weak and needed reinforcement.
  • I'm assuming the TT still has the mouse hole versus a connector for shore power. We put our PI hardwired EMS in the space in the entertainment center under the cupboard door, which is adjacent to the internal storage area for the shore power cable.
  • The screws on the slide-out drawers under the dinette seats are short, thus they do not grab the wood well. We had a couple pull out. I replaced them with a short bolt, washer and nut.
  • FYI, the hood fan does not exhaust to the exterior (at least it didn't on our model year). The placement of the smoke detector leaves it vulnerable to going off while cooking. We always took it down and kept it on the bed during cooking and put it back immediately afterwards.
  • Recognize the roof is not "walkable" without some sort of material to spread your weight out. I got up on the roof (prone) only to check the Dicor around the vents, otherwise I managed cleaning the roof with a brush on a long handle while perched on a ladder.
  • I assume Keystone is still using Trailer King tires. You can read about their less than stellar track record elsewhere in this forum. Based on the advice I found here I replaced them with Carlisles, but there are other recommended brands discussed in the forum.
  • We never had any issue with the front cap, but the rear Filon panel did exhibit a little warping. This was only cosmetic, but when we went to trade the dealer insisted we had water intrusion (which we did not). I did not accept his conclusion and discussed trailer construction, showing him a few comments from this forum on known issues. I think he was just trying to find an excuse for low-balling me on the trade-in price, but we ended up getting $2,000 less than we paid for the unit new on trade, so I ended up happy.
It looks as if your model year has a few more geegaws than ours (solid surface countertop, pegboard in pass-through, porcelain toilet, solid entry steps ...) Best wishes and happy camping.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Gegrad

Welcome from Pennsylvania from a fellow Premier owner!
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19fbpr