Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2021, 04:13 AM   #1
derekc

2019 Bullet 243BHS - Tv placement

Hey everyone,
I recently purchased a 2019 Bullet 243BHS.

I'm looking at installing a tv in the bedroom but the sticker for stud location is long gone.

I was wondering if anyone with the same rig could snap a pic for me of their tv mount in the bedroom.

I have tried a stud finder, but whatever is in the walls makes it useless. tried knocking, pilot holes etc.

Thanks

Derek
derekc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:00 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. While your waiting for someone with your exact same trailer to read this then take a picture and post it I'd suggest doing a search on here as well as the internet. If you search for your model on the net chances are you'll find them for sale with interior pictures and videos.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:12 AM   #3
derekc

Thanks, Yeah I have searched already for pics and videos from sales websites and youtube, things like that. I even called Keystone. no luck
Old 08-10-2021, 06:40 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Your floorplan has a "room divider" at the foot of the bed with two sliding doors on the "bedroom side". There is about a 6-8 inch space between the doors when they are in the open position.

The current "main room TV" is mounted to a plate on the opposite side of that room divider. I'd look at mounting a TV on the "back side of the main TV mount backer plate". You'll probably need to use a "riser" to extend the bedroom TV mount out from the wall, so the doors will close behind the TV without being in the way.

As for any decal to indicate the location of an "approved TV mount", if there are no TV connections in the bedroom, there wouldn't be a decal. I've never seen a "Mount TV Here" decal on a wall unless there are a 120VAC outlet and a TV Coax connector plate also in that same vicinity.

On your trailer, I'd suspect you'll need to cut a hole behind the main TV to access the power and coax connections.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:30 AM   #5
derekc

I thought about mounting it on that divider wall but there is no way to then close the doors. i have seen some models that seem to beable to put a tv there. but there is like no possible way to do that with mine.

I have a plug and tv connection on the ceiling in the bedroom just above the doorway when you walk in. i assumed the backing plate for the tv would be in that area.

There must be a plate somewhere in that area tho!
Old 08-10-2021, 07:31 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

If the pocket doors actuall go into a wall I don’t think you'll have much luck. My trailer originally had the "swing around tv " in the entertainment center. I changed that to a solid wood panel with a swivle tv mount gor better viewing on the couch. If I hung any mount on the bedroom side to that same panel then the sliding doors would not open far enough to walk past. I suspect yours would be similar.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:30 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

If your floorplan is like most, when the doors are open, there is about a 6 or 7" space between the two doors. Most people mount a 2x6 (stained the color of the cabinet/wall) to move the TV out from the doors, so they will slip behind the TV. Most that I've seen, the 2x6 is about 30" long, attached to the horizontal shelf below the "main room TV" and goes up, with the top of the 2x6 attached to the top of the "main room TV space". Then, the bedroom TV mount is screwed to that 2x6 and the doors slide behind the TV.

Take a look at your cabinet to determine where the strongest horizontal structure is in the room divider and see if you can attach a "stand-off 2x6" to them.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #8
NH_Bulldog

We have a shallow mount and can put an LCD TV in the space behind the sliding doors and still allow the doors to close. The mount is not adjustable or moveable but will fit. The mount attaches on the opposite side of the wall from the living room tv.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:44 PM   #9
derekc

I wont beable to attach even a 2x4 on my divider wall. the doors are so close together when open. I attached a few pics where you can see the tv hookup area and the doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E046A0C7-3B7E-435A-8D59-7DEA1D1F6685.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	35201   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	35202  
Old 08-11-2022, 07:39 PM   #10
Djnate1039

Question ?

Any luck getting it mounted? I have the same trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekc View Post
I wont beable to attach even a 2x4 on my divider wall. the doors are so close together when open. I attached a few pics where you can see the tv hookup area and the doors.
Djnate1039 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet