Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
UB1

Picked up our new Cougar 22RBSWE

Brought home our new Cougar trailer yesterday.Pretty windy on the drive home,was happy with the way it towed.We use an Equalizer WD hitch with 4 point sway control.Folsom Lake RV treated us great and gave us a great deal.Got a few mods planned when we get over the sticker shock of a new RV(we've always bought used over the past 25 yrs).Solar(I kept the Trojan 105's from my last rig) and an electrical cord twist lock conversion to start,I'm sure more will follow.
UB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
steve james

We too purchased our Cougar 22rbwse from Folsom Lake RV, also had a good experience with them. I see you live in Cool, not sure if you know this or not but Affordable RV in Newcastle is a Keystone authorized service center. Its closer for us than Folsom. We just got back from the central coast , RV towed really well with our 2012 Tundra. I was happy with the truck and how it preformed on the trip. I wish it had a larger gas tank but other than that all went well. I hope you enjoy your new trailer , we sure do.
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
WestCoastWanderer

Love our Cougar

Congrats on your 22RBSWE. We purchased a 21RBS last year. It has been a great trailer. Just returned from the season's shake down trip to Shaver Lake. Heading east for a two week trip to Utah and points unknown in a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy your trailer as much as we have ours.
WestCoastWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
UB1

Steve thanks for the tip on Affordable,I drive by there all the time.I too have a gas tank issue with my Silverado.I justify it by figuring its good to get out every two or three hrs to stretch.Heading to Shasta in two weeks,all the lakes are finally full.Folsom is highest its been in years,gonna be a great summer locally.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
kjohn

Congrats on the 22. We got our 22RBS early this Spring. I have made a couple of bachelor trips, and my wife and I are on a shakedown trip right now. I think ours is the evil Eastern version with the dreaded window on the front. Took some fiddling to get used to the iNCommand, but other than that, it's a highball.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
UB1

kjohn congrats to you as well.Interesting that they only put the window on the eastern version,haven't read anything negative on it.We're headed out next week for the shake down.Already have a QC issue with the galley grey tank vent,I don't think your rig has that tank.Gonna post the repair with some pics when we get back.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
kjohn

UB1: Just was reading on the revamped Keystone site and noticed that the Western version has a bigger grey water tank. I also noticed that our fresh water tank is 60 US gal. No wonder it didn't seem to make much difference on the iNCommand guage when I pumped in about 10 gals from the truck tank today!

First thing I did to ours was put two deep cycle 12v batteries in a nice heavy tub, plus wire up a cord off the batteries long enough to power the macerator, if needed. I need to put a shelf in the back cupboard. We don't use the hanger rod, as everything usually ended up in a heap, plus a few wrinkles haven't slowed me down yet.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #8
UB1

Actually it has two grey water tanks,one for the bathroom shower/sink and one for the galley sink.The valve for the kitchen is under the slide,not an easy get if the slide is extended.I kept my two Trojan t-105 batteries from our last rig and eventually will install solar as we do a lot of dry camping.As of now we bought a 120w portable to get by

Tags
cougar